Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Weekend at Dot Mom


 So before I start telling you all about my fabulous weekend, you may be asking, "What exactly is dotMom?".  You can learn more about it here.  It really is a wonderful weekend with a house full of Christian ladies that are seeking God.  We had worship led by Carl and Heather Cartee and 4 different main session speakers. There were also 4 different breakout sessions and you could go to any of them that you wanted.  There were a variety of different classes to go to.  Classes about marriage, single mom, kids, discipline, infertility problems, anxiety, hurt, NUMEROUS to choose from. 

Not to mention getting to bond and spend time with friends and wonderful ladies from my home church.

We took a group selfie after dinner Friday night :)!

At breakfast Saturday morning

Saturday night we all piled up in the hotel room and watched, "Moms Night Out".  Or they did rather.  I fell asleep :)!

The hilarious hosts were Sophie and Melanie.  If you've never checked out their blogs, you should :)!!
 While I was gone, I was kept in tune by many.... MANY..... snap chats :)!!!  I loved it!! Every one of them made me smile, so of course I had to screen shot them just for you! And well...... for my keep sake :)!
This was after school Friday.


 ... washing Grandmama's car......



 They had a fun time at the lake Saturday :).....






 .... and then ones like these made me really, REALLY miss "my people"......

 



HAHA! This one was Sunday morning :)!!
 I HAVE to give my husband a complete standing applause.  He did a WONDERFUL job all weekend being a single dad.  I didn't think about them possibly needing a blow dryer.  Usually they take baths at night.  Well................  Sunday morning after Sophie's bath, they didn't have a blow dryer.  I told him to just pull her hair back like usual and explain to her teachers that I had the blow dryer with me.  BUT he improvised (& didn't burn her hair *insert hands raised emoji here* hehe) and used the curling iron to dry it.  I mean, look how beautiful they are.....

And then the trio....... I missed them like crazy!
 We made it back in time for church Sunday night.  I was so very excited to see them.  I was really dreading going.  Mostly because I don't do well traveling and it is hard for me to leave my family behind.  BUT when I was there, (I missed them don't get me wrong) God helped to fill that void with laughter and crying from the sessions and the ladies I went with.  It was an awesome conference! 

I did find this sweet drawing during church :) that Heidi had drawn......
I plan to share with you all over the next little bit of some things I learned from the sessions.  Stuff that will hopefully Bless your Blesser the way it did mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment