Monday, March 15, 2010

Don't I need one?

It seems like almost everyone I knows has a blog and I keep up with all of theirs.... so I guess it is time that I got one. When I told Kyle, my husband, that I was going to create one... he of course asked me why... and I said well I think it is a good way to unwind and just kind of put all your feelings out there. Some things are easier to type rather than to talk about.

I have a 3 year old daughter, Heidi, and an 11 month old son, Karter, and I am pregnant with our 3rd child.... a girl... due July 5th.... hence the name "The Colquett 5". Kyle and I have a HARD time agreeing on baby names. He actually named Heidi, and with Karter we had to have his initials MKC and call him by the "K" name. He can't know anyone that has our children's names or we can't name them that. Well ever since we found out we were having a girl it has been a daily conversation at our house about what we were going to name her... we went through soooooooo many..... it was finally down to Hadley and Layla. Well i just really wasn't thinking either of them were the ONE..... but Saturday morning I was on the internet looking up celebrity baby names and I came across Ella Sofia.... and I was like that's it.... that's her name... Sophie Lynne. Kyle was actually at our local hardware store, but of course I had to call him to tell him that I had FINALLY named our baby girl. He isn't crazy about it, but I told him it would grow on him... since he named the other 2, it was only fair for me to name her.

I have to go tomorrow for my lovely sugar test!! I actually do not mind drinking the drink as much as them taking blood. I absolutely despise needles and giving blood... I would honestly rather give birth!

Anyway.... after I found out my little brother had a blog I decided I needed one!! THANKS KYKY!

2 comments:

  1. Love your first blog post! Looking forward to following it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toyia!! I'm so glad you are blogging!! I hope your appointment went well today!

    ReplyDelete