Friday, March 26, 2010

What a week

Whew!! It's almost over. I don't like to "wish" my life away, but this week was so FULL of stuff to do every day that I do NOT want another week like this for a long time.

Wednesday was my mother in law, Cindy (Mimi)'s birthday. Kyle's brother, Jon Wesley, and his wife and two daughters came over and brought Fireman's Barbecue. It was DELICIOUS! That was my first time having it. And they brought an ice cream cake. We had a wonderful, relaxing evening.

Last night I went with two of my girlfriends, Amanda Wallace & April Johnson, to Dothan to see Chondra Pierce live and in person :)! She was good it just got to be really long. We left her show at 10:22 PM (It wasn't even over yet) and I pulled in my driveway at 11:48pm. I was give out. There's a guy named Bone that introduced her.... now he was hilarious! He actually played on My Name is Earl and was in the movie with Sandra Bullock, All About Steve. I think I could have listened to him all night.

Tonight our WONDERFUL friends (Dale, Joanne, and Joanne's daughter Alyssa and son Nick) came up from Orlando, Florida. We haven't seen them since October. Kyle actually met Dale when he lived down there and was going to MMI school. They worked at TM Ranch together and have amazingly stayed in touch. They are like two grown babies together. Just the excitement you can see on both of their faces is funny. They are all amazed with Opp. It's funny.... they all had to rush outside to see Josh (our lab) eat the left over supper. And they've never heard of Dale's Seasoning. Interesting huh? Well tomorrow they are going to get a fill of the 50th Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo! I'm anxious to see what they think about it. I also think Kyle is going to give them the GRAND tour of Opp!! We told them it wouldn't take but about 5 minutes *hehe*!

So for supper we had grilled steaks, baked potatoes, a fresh salad with all the fancy fixings and for dessert.... oh my.... homemade pound cake, homemade whipped cream, and fresh cut up strawberries that had been sitting in sugar!! It was soooooooo delicious even if I did make it :)!

But our friends have gone to their hotel and we are all winding down. Time to get some beauty sleep so I can get ready to be at the gates at the rodeo bright and early!!

No comments:

Post a Comment