Thursday, July 8, 2010

Days Go By

Seems like the days are getting faster and faster :(! I take Sophie in the morning for her 2 week check up. Hard to believe she is already 2 weeks old.

We have been outside every afternoon once Kyle gets home. Here are some pictures of us riding Heidi's 4 wheeler... which that has stopped now because KyKy was riding it with Karter this afternoon and accidentally got the break hung on the swing and it broke completely off so we have to get a new one.




Things in the Colquett household have still been really good, but still really challenging. It's hard work being a "stay at home" mom to 3 kids 4 and under. But I LOVE it... I absolutely love it. With all of the fussing, fighting over this toy or that, hair pulling, crying, there comes the kisses, hugs, playing with the toys together, making each other laugh out loud, and the list goes on and on. The positive most definitely out weighs the negative. It is by no means a walk in the park, but sometimes you just have to sit back and laugh. When they are all screaming you just Thank God for the blessings that you have that are testing your ear drums. When we are all rocking together I just Thank God for that opportunity. When someone comes over and holds one of them or plays with them, Thank God for the extra hands so that I have the chance to get a few things done that needed doing. I have just decided that I have to make the best out of each situation. Yes sometimes I want to scream and cry with them, but I just can't. Yes I get frustrated and aggravated, but I have to keep my battery charged to keep going. By the end of the day I want to look back and be so very thankful for being able to be home with my three kids.

Karter has learned to blow kisses. It is so sweet! He still has a little temper that came out of no where a couple weeks before Sophie's arrival. And surprisingly he still is NOT walking!! He'll be 15 months next week. He just really doesn't want to do it.

Heidi is a huge helper, but she LOVES to aggrevate Karter. I think that is my biggest challenge. He gets so mad at her because she is constantly picking at him. He'll whop her or pull her hair, or hit her with his sippy cup and I just have to let him. Trust me she deserves it :)!

Sophie is still just so sweet. Still having spit up issues and bm issues. Hopefully we'll get some things figured out in the morning at the Doctor's office. She is getting more and more alert. And she is so pretty :) Of course I am bias... but she really is pretty. We had her newborn pictures yesterday and she did okay, not great. I am hoping the outside pictures will turn out. Her tummy was really bothering her with the inside ones. But maybe Carly was still able to get some good ones.

Tonight my wonderful friends, Meredith, Ashton, and Kelly brought over some yummy supper! It is so nice to have such special people in my life. Tomorrow night our friends Jared and Joanna are bringing us supper. It's nice not to have to cook *L*!

Oh and one more thing please continue to pray for God's mercy on Mr Colquett and his cancer. He has really gone down hill fast. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment