Sunday, July 4, 2010

My New Life

It is still so hard for me to grasp the fact that I AM a mom of 3. How did life get me here so fast? Over this past week of being home with my three sweet babies I often would sit here holding Sophie and looking at Karter and Heidi playing and just think WOW... my life is something else. I am blessed beyond measures. My new life is crazy, loud, sweet, and all other sorts of adjectives.... but after having Sophie here only a week I couldn't picture it any other way.

Kyle and I both are definitely having to get used to things now. We are having to learn the best way to do this or that with that child or this. EX: getting out of the car this morning... I went to Karter first, but he of course can't walk so then I backed up and went to Sophie's side and got her (in her carrier) and all the bags and brought that inside and then went and got Karter and Heidi out of the car. Another example... last night Kyle went to watch my cousin play All Stars so my mom and I took Heidi to watch the fireworks at the lake. Heidi's seat is now in the very back seat of the car... so something as simple as going to the lake with only her I still have to crawl through the car to buckle her (we're going to work on her buckling herself). So we are just taking things one day at a time and doing the best we can :)

Here are some pictures over the past few days.


I have a picture of Heidi in this same chair sitting this same way so I wanted one of Soph too.... they look so little in this chair alone.

4 days old here

This is funny to me... Kyle took this picture and not even 2 seconds later took the next.... notice Karter's eyes :)

Now this is what motherhood is all about. I don't remember where Heidi was during this.


The kids and I have so much fun during the day... when I lay Sophie down it's all about Heidi and Karter. Heidi was building one of her many "houses" with the pillows and cushions.


My sweet baby girl looks so tiny in this big crib.

Kyle has been WONDERFUL!!! He has really helped out so much. The kids are so excited when he comes home now. They go outside and play until dark most days. It won't be long before Sophie is right there with them.



My two girls!!


HAHA this cracks me up. You can imagine how many times a day this same situation occurs. I was trying to take some pictures of Sophie and this is what happened next :) as you can tell Sophie didn't like it.

Karter and Kyle were mowing the grass when they spotted something in the azalea.



He had so much fun in this chair at the table while KyKy ate.

Friday night we went outside and watched Kyle and Tyler shoot bottle rockets. Of course Kyle is very adventurous... always has been... so he got this rod out to shoot them out of the end. Heidi shot this one and only time for the night. Some of the spark (I don't know that that is the "term" for it) came back on her hand. Thankfully my dad had the bright idea to ask Kyle if the end that they were holding had a cap over the end or was it a hole too.... thankfully it had a cap on the end.

He still loves this swing. If you are wondering about the ladder.... he puts it out there and jumps off of it onto the swing. He told Heidi that he made that swing for him not her *L*!

Beautiful Sophie Girl!


Heidi took this playing around with the camera :) and the next few of herself.




She went riding in my moms "bug" with her.

First time going to church!! Unfortunately Kyle got called out first thing this morning and missed our first Sunday together :(! I did good though. Karter woke up first so he hung out with me while the others slept. I got completely ready and then started on one child at a time :)! And we managed just fine. Kyle's mom came up and took pictures of us and my dad helped me get them out at church. So everything worked out.


It's amazing how much she has changed after only 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment