Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Getting to know Sophie

I thought I would take some time and talk strictly about my Sophie Girl!

She is amazing! I joke that "I didn't know they made babies this good"! She is so sweet. The only time she cries is usually getting her diaper changed, changing clothes, a bath, or here lately with her tummy. She doesn't even cry when she is hungry. She just goes searching for it with her mouth wide open like a little bird. So pleasant... so very very pleasant. She usually only gets up once a night. That is really nice considering we are NOT used to that. God knew that I needed a good baby and a good sleeper. I'm just hoping she keeps that trend.

She is holding her head up really well already. She sleeps on her tummy!! I know they say to put them on their back, but as a parent you just have to do what you have to do and all of mine slept on their stomachs.

Her belly button chord fell off Sunday morning. I thought that was pretty fast considering she had no "light" (incubator) to help speed up the process.

We are unfortunately having trouble finding the "right" formula. I'm afraid she has what Karter had. She spits up terribly... or let me rephrase... she projectiles. We were sitting outside yesterday and she did one that actually completely missed her and landed on me and the ground. We're not talking about a little bit of spit up. I was really hoping that she would be a "normal" child in that aspect. We go back to the doctor Friday for her 2 week check up so I guess I'll see what Dr E says then. The formula change + the added rice (he told me to go ahead and put her on 2 tsp of rice to try to help with the spitting up) is making her not go potty. That's pretty miserable for a baby. So I'm battling that too. She is on her 3rd type of formula. Right now she is on Similac Sensitive. I really feel like we'll be on the $30/can Alimentum or Neutramagen. I was REALLY hoping we would not have to go that route.

I love dressing her... it's like dress up. I forgot how much fun it is to dress little girls. With little boys there just aren't many options.

Right now her hair is still darker and her eyes are still blue. I know it's only been 10 days, but still. I'm getting really depressed already just knowing that I only have now 4 1/2 weeks left to be at home. The thought of someone else seeing them more than I do really upsets me. I NEED to be a stay at home mom :)!! My kids NEED me to be :)!! Okay maybe it's a want more than anything. Kids World takes great care of them but I still would like to be home full time.

Anyway.... here are some recent photos of my 3rd little angel.

Oh and I am taking her to have some newborn pictures in the morning. I am very excited about that!




Her first tub bath









2 comments:

  1. You look great Toyia! Mason slept on his tummy too. He spit up so much that I was afraid he'd spit up and choke on it lying on his back. He was able to hold his head up, or lift it up atleast, so I started putting him on his tummy. He slept better, and I felt better! :) Miss Sophie is so precious! I hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried the sam's brand sensitive formula? it is comparable to enfamil gentle-ease. i had many friends say it was the only formula their children could keep down, and it fixed my son's gas problem. it comes in a can twice the enfamil size and is about $21. just a thought!

    ReplyDelete