Friday, July 16, 2010

Things I would recommend for a new parent

Tonight a beautiful friend of mine, Kim, and her daughter came over to visit. Her daughter is expecting and anyway we were talking about several different things and recommending this or that... so I thought what a wonderful blog that would be... so I thought I would share some of my recommendations to having a baby around!

These labels are wonderful! They are from Mabels Labels. They are safe to get wet and you get a ton of them. I still have several left from Heidi and Karter. I put them on bottles, formula dispenser, sippy cups, bowls, etc.




Wooden letters really dress up and of course personalize a baby room. I bought Heidi's & Sophie's from the same place (I'm expecting hers in anytime. The lady was backed up and took longer than usual to make them). Click Here for the website that I got theirs from.


SHOUT!! You will need the shout! You never know when your baby is going to "spew" or have a potty accident on his/her clothes. Almost all of our stuff gets shouted.

You can get a mesh bag very similar to this from Freds for $1 to wash all of your baby's socks in. I LOVE this bag and have bought many!
My great friends Meredith & Ashton bought me one of these to use this time with Sophie and i LOVE it. I wish i had one with all 3 kids! You just press a button and it'll track the last time you fed your baby, changed his/her diaper, went to sleep, etc... and if you are nursing it can keep track of which side you last nursed on.


Of course Germ X. I have one in our living room & I recommend putting a bottle by your changing table.

Of course monogrammed burp cloths. You can get a pack of 12 plain ones from Wal-Mart or Target & get someone to "dress" them up.

Wonderful Bumbo seat. I use this often. It is very difficult for your child to get out of this seat...or supposed to be anyway. I put this seat everywhere. You can feed them in it, put it on the counter beside you while you are washing dishes, cooking, or whatever. Lots of use out of this.

Of course a good ole fashion bouncer seat. Most babies love to sit in one. You can get them to vibrate and do all sorts of things.

Oh gowns are a must have for us!! Nothing better at 2 am to check a diaper in and then changing a diaper in them is super easy. Plus you can get them monogrammed too. We have a ton of gowns for this very reason!

We have used this monitor with all three children. It's a motion detector and if it doesn't sense motion in 20 seconds an alarm goes off. I sleep so much better knowing I have this monitor and trust me it works! There have been several nights that one of us forgets to turn it off... and it gives you just enough time to pick the baby up and get to the living room & it'll go off. Click here to read all about it.

A boppy pillow!! even if you aren't nursing this is great to just lay your baby on or put around you to hold him/her so your arm doesn't get tired. and the neat things is you can buy covers for it. So you can use the same one with each child.

Anyway those are my biggest recommendations to any parent!!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, AMEN to the baby monitor, the germ-x, the boppy and the shout. We used the exact same monitor with the boys and LOVED it! And a boppy is probably the most fantastic invention ever to a nursing mother. I wrapped that thing around my waist and fed the boys many times! It was so funny reading your list because every time I came to a new one I was like, "Yep." I didn't know about the feeding tracker thing, though. I didn't even know something like that existed. Had I known, I would have been after one!
    I hope y'all are doing great. I keep track of the kids through your pictures and y'all all look so happy! They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete