Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Road Trip!!

I guess our home attracts turtles?!?! This turtle was under our carport this morning. I think it was just last week that I blogged about the turtle that Karter and Kyle found while mowing grass.




My sweet and handsome Karter man! He loves his paci!!!

And he loves being outside! He would honestly stay outside ALL day no matter the temperature.
Oh so sweet Sophie Lynne!


Heidi wanted to put on all of her aprons and wanted me to take a picture of her in each one... of course I couldn't help but post them :)





We had a little bit of an accomplishment yesterday :) I was soooo excited and soooo very proud of Karter! We were all four in the playroom and he wanted to play with their little vacuum. Anyway I helped him with it and helped him hold it while he was standing there. I let go without him knowing it and he took some steps. So then I just kept practicing with him and he LOVED mine and Heidi's excitement :) I was SOOOOOOOOO happy if I haven't mentioned that :)!

He still walked some today and he actually walked pretty far to Kyle tonight. So I don't think it will be long before he is full force. Kyle's mom said he was just waiting to do it with me at home :) He knew I needed to see him do it first! She was so right!


I guess you are wondering about the title! Today I loaded up the three amigos and we headed to Hartford. Kyle worked in Andalusia today so he sent us after his check. Before we left we dropped off some dry cleaning, got gas, took Sophie's prescription by the pharmacy, took Jamie & Kim's dish by their house, and off we went. It was a nice road trip... but as my mom said I am a brave girl! We had a wonderful trip there. Of course Heidi asked me 1,000 times when we were going to be there. Once we got there Sophie's tummy woke her up saying it was time to eat. So I backed in a parking spot and fed her. She is a very slow eater so I fed her until she stopped. Then off we went.

Well the kiddos were getting hungry... so I stopped by McDonald's in Geneva and got Heidi a cheeseburger happy meal and Karter a chicken nugget happy meal. Might I add that my little picky one ate all but 1/2 of 1 chicken nugget and probably 5 french fries. That's the most he has eaten in I don't know how long. Anyway the smell must have gotten to Sophie Girl *haha* she decided she was hungry too. So I pulled in a parking spot at Mc D's and fed her all the while handing Karter a nugget when he would say "Mo Mo". I fed her until she stopped again and I burped her and she went to sleep. So off we went again!

We got almost to Samson and Sophie woke up AGAIN and wanted to finish her bottle. By this time I was sooo ready to get home so I pulled over and I put about 5 burp cloths around her and propped the bottle on them. That worked out very well! Heidi was able to keep an eye on her in case something went wrong.

We then got almost to Kinston and Heidi wanted me to help her with her toy from her kids meal and Sophie was finished with her bottle so I pulled over once again in Kinston and got my girls situated. Needless to say it took us a LONG time to get back to Opp! But it was a nice trip and I was proud that we did it by ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment