Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo Karter's Turning 2

This weekend's weather was absolutely the most perfect set up for an outside birthday party.... and that is just what we had :)!! We celebrated almost 2 years of life for my precious little man. We had it at Papa and Nana's house and rented a train to come :)!! Everyone enjoyed the train except Karter.

Almost everyone we invited came to the party. I thought I would share some pictures of the party..... since I spent countless hours planning and preparing for this event!!!

Here's the balloon wreath I made. I really enjoyed making this and it actually didn't take long.


The gift/party favor table

Before the party really got going....

Adult tables....

Kid tables....

I kept with the red, white, and blue theme... so for months and months I have been picking things up here and there to use at the party. I actually have a notebook with dividers separating the 3 parties and when I see an idea I like, I put it in its special spot :)!

I cricuted "ice" on the pale... and of course we had to use Hawaiian Punch since it was red.

The food table.....

Birthday Banner :)

The party was at 2:00, so we just had snack foods. I didn't see any point in having something heavy since most everyone had just eaten lunch. The other frame beside the "k" box we the invitation, but for privacy issues I didn't think I should put the upclose picture on here.

My 2nd go at sugar cookies and royal icing. They weren't real pretty, but they did taste well.


I also initialized several balloons....



I had three of these center pieces. I was just trying to think of something I could use to decorate... and this is actually an icing container... I just took the label on, I had extra ribbon from the boxes... so I glued a little of this and that... and wha... la...


The party favors this year were monogrammed conductor hats.



I wrapped boxes, tied ribbon around them, cut out 96 2" circles, made cup cakes, and wha la.

I actually did the k box Saturday morning. I had extra red paper and wanted to do something with it. I thought it turned out extra cute.

The water bottle labels were just an extra touch :)!


I was really proud of the photo banner.




Karter was getting ready for everything :)


We were checking out the train....


Great party idea!!!


Sophie still hasn't felt well at all.... so she was catching some z's in before the big crowd arrived.


Brayden really enjoyed himself :)





The Johnsons...


Waiting for the train ride....


Okay get ready....look who FINALLY made it to a party..... the 6th party is a charm :)!!!



The McCord's...


Two of Sophie's great grandmothers...


Aunt Mandy and Mama.... and Nana and Frazier


Papa and Karter were watching the train...





Pretty Irelyn on the right :)


Stella Kayte enjoyed it for sure...



My hansome birthday boy.... oh how I love him.

Sara Catherine...




Back of the train...

CHOO CHOOO!!!!!




Kyle has been so sick.... but he wouldn't miss the party for anything he said....

Aunt Angela and Uncle Randy...


Brayden and Jackson


Crazy Buck!!




Me and Hank



Karter HATEEEEEEED the train!!! He finally got used to it right before the post office. Then he was fine, but he didn't want to go again.


Caroline, Caleb, and Irelyn playing...









Beautiful Kaidi


Getting ready to blow the candles out. No kidding... I guess my mind was who knows where... but I had 3 candles in the cupcake and dad was about to light them and he said, "You have 3 candles in..." omg.... I only need 2 *L*!!





Aunt Donna and Sophie


Here are a few random pictures at the party....:












Of course lots of toys needed taken out of the packages.... so Papa helped with that.





Lauri and Frazier on a train ride....


Sweetness....


Daddy had to help get a gift out....


Sophie loved playing with the balloons.




Haha Drew got in on it too :P)



Ashley and Tate... Tate lOVED the train!!! I love the 2nd picture of him trying to drag Ashley back to it.


Flustered birthday boy....



After the party I got in the jumping house....





and then Lauri and Frazier joined us.... lots of fun!





Missing one.... Heidi went home with Meme.

Papa, Karter, Me, and Sophie


Karter and Sophie playing...

He loves his Papa....




His gift from us..... I think he's just proud he doesn't have to ride a Barbie one anymore *L*!
So overall the party was a HUGE success. I was so thankful for everyone that came. I spent so much time and planning into it that I wanted everyone we invited to be able to share it with us. I think Karter felt special... he should have :)!!

To me birthdays are very important and I want my children to know that. That is the one day of of the year that one of my three kids get ALL the attention and it's all about them!! That's why I do most of the stuff for the parties myself... I just try to "get my Martha on" *haha*!!

So anyway... I hope you enjoyed the pictures. His actually birthday is this Friday, the 15th.

2 comments:

  1. We had a wonderful time at K's party and you did a FABULOUS job decorating. I apologize again for Brayden's nosiness in all of K's gifts. I hope Soph,Kyle and Karter are feeling better today! Happy "real" Birthday to Karter Man on Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at your "Martha" skills! I'm glad it was such a success-I can tell you worked really hard and it looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete