Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend is Over



I know the above video is short, but it was from the other night and I forgot to add it on my previous blog.

So anyway....as you know I love the Rattlesnake Rodeo. I don't really know why. I love to hear the people sing, I love the food, I love to walk around and see people I haven't seen in a while, look at all the vendors, etc.

Well Friday night was wonderful!! I had to be there at 5:30 to work the front gate. That was a rush. VERY busy!!! We pretty much had a line the entire time and at 8:30 they shut our gate down, so Joanna and I headed to the press box to count and verify the money. PERFECT SEAT up there!! We were able to see everything.... and of course Colt Ford in concert. I think I just get "giddy" because they are famous and I've always had a strange obsession with famous people *L*! So here are some pictures of the concert going on Friday night:

I was amazed at how many people were there.... look at all the heads. The way they stage was set up this year you could pretty much see it from anywhere except behind it *L*! So it allowed more people to stand down in front of the stage.


First thing Sat morning we went to my Dad and Yana's to eat breakfast. My cousin, Drew, and his wife, Lauri, stayed with them and those two and my dad and Yana rode bikes Saturday in the fundraiser for the Lions Club or maybe it was the Rotary Club *L*!?!?

Okay.... so my previous blog said we had a surprise appointment Saturday morning. Well I know where I get it from.... because my mom couldn't stand not knowing *L*!! So Kyle accidentally told her where we were and then Heidi told her what we did. And then Yana found out too.... so anyway.... I just won't tell exactly what it was... but we had a little "painting" party.... haha.... how about that?


Sweet Katie Jackson.... Heidi said "Katie is pretty" *L*!


Sophie was of course the hardest to paint.





Of course as soon as our session was over, we headed to the rodeo. My mom and Jody met us there. We had a good time, but of course everyone was ready to go before I was. So we ended up leaving pretty early.... about 2 ish.... I guess.



Heidi girl with her bug eyes on :)



Sophie leaves hers on for maybe 3 seconds and that's it... and 3 seconds is probably a "long" time *L*!! Probably more like 1/2 a second.



My mom got the kids balloons. Hank and Karter got a sword.... orange and blue *L*!! I told them War Eagle!! And Heidi got the coolest Little Mermaid.





Sophie got super sleepy.... so mom was trying to get her to sleep, but she never did give it up.


They had some inflatables set up and you could get them an arm band for $15 each and they could do any of the 4 inflatables (or you could pay $5 to do each), but that didn't include the Spider Man inflatable, bungee stuff, nor bull riding. So thankfully we were able to distract Karter long enough for Hank and Heidi to do all they wanted.


Sweet cousins :)


HAHA It wasn't hard to distract Karter. The stroller fascinated him enough on its on *haha*!



We parked at Grocery Outlet and walked over.... such a nice afternoon walk :)!! Although Heidi fell and scratched her leg pretty bad :( So I carried her the rest of the way.



Kyle was having LOADS of fun....... ha!


So anyway.... we left for about and hour or so and then the girls and I went back up there while Karter slept. Kyle was perfectly fine staying with him *L*! Sophie and I both had to do a wardrobe change! She "spewed" on me a couple times at the rodeo and I didn't have a single article of clothing that didn't smell like spit up.


When we went back, I had to park in front of the OMS gym and then walk to the back gate so that I could get the stroller in. I'd say we got our exercise for the day from walking here and there and everywhere!

Well..... as you know I can't go to the rodeo without getting a funnel cake. Although I wasn't ready to leave (I wanted to go to the concert :( *sniffles*) I got a funnel cake and brought it home. So here's my $5 lemonade (with a $3 re-fill because of the cup *L*) and my $6 funnel cake!



When we got home we played outside until dark... the kids had a ball.



A little video of Sophie and Heidi play squealing:


I joked with Kyle and told him that Sophie was saying "WAR EAGLE..... HEY" in the 2nd picture *L*! He HATES it when I do that!! So I enjoy doing it from time to time *L*!


The entire afternoon at the rodeo Sophie was telling everybody we passed "Bye Bye Bye"... so I was trying to get her to say it on the video.


My sweet girls....



They all got some rosey cheeks. I forgot sunscreen on our first visit :(


Heidi and I were being silly.....





Karter and his motorcycle. This was actually a gift from Papa to Heidi years ago, but Karter enjoys it way more than she did. He's probably actually ridden it more than she ever has. Which I am glad. He seems to be very much all boy!!



And then it was family trampoline time....



It's almost impossible to get any kind of family picture.... so this is the best I could do: (Oh the first one might have been good... but I cut Sophie out :( )












Since I couldn't go to the concert, after everyone had their baths and we were all settled, Sophie got really sleepy.... so she and I went out side with a jacket and a blanket and got in the swing and listened to the concert from home.

We had a little rough night. Two in a row actually. And anyway Kyle was on call this weekend and of course he's going to get called out on Sunday. He had to go to Georgianna and he ended up getting home about 30-45 minutes after we did.

My cousins, Abby & Jamie, came over to visit us before Abby headed back to Auburn.

Here's Abs on the rope swing:


The girls cruising in the mustang. We used to joke that my first car was a mustang and so was Heidi's *L*!



My sweet Little Tiny LOVES the swing.... actually come to think of it, there's not much she doesn't like.



Karter finally let Abby do something with him.... she got about 2 minutes of See-sawing in with him *haha*!



Soph was later watching them out the door.




Well I came back inside and was folding a load of laundry and I heard Karter screaming and then I was putting the dish towels up and I saw/heard Kyle hurrying to the door. Well Karter's mouth was pouring blood. We both thought it was his tooth at first, but thankfully he only busted his lip. He had walked up to the rope swing and pushed it, well Kyle was holding Sophie & running to move Karter out of the way and was telling Karter to move and he didn't move and Kyle didn't make it to him in time, so the swing came back and the corner knocked his mouth pretty good.

He enjoyed the ice :) He chomped it to pieces. But it did help the swelling go down.


After he calmed down from being so upset, he went to sleep and so did Sophie.... in the mean time, Heidi and her daddy cleaned the playroom and then she and I later played in there. Her barbies had a birthday party.... and I worked on party stuff.
Yep... I let her wear a "Roll Tide" bib to make up for the "War eagle Hey" *L*!








This was taken tonight after we got home :( so sad I know.... Heidi wanted to hold her bad and we were trying to get their picture together, but Sophie wanted no part in her holding her.

Beautiful Heidi:


Heidi took this of herself...



Karter wanted to ride home with Papa & Nana... so they brought him by the house.

Heidi was in a jumping mood.....

Semi-family picture.... missing a couple.


Heidi was doing monkey sounds ... I caught her right in the middle *L*!

Karter and his Papa

Supper time.... hot dogs and cheese puffs..... :)

I think I have forgotten to post about Karter's "Pappy" (as he calls it).... but it's gone. He hasn't had it in 1 1/2 weeks. We actually accidentally got ride of it last weekend when Kyle and I went on our "date night". It was in Sophie's bag which was at my moms and Karter was at my dads.... he never did ask for it... so none of us offered to give it to him. He did ask for it today, but that was the first time. So it actually was very easy. Just not a very fascinating story. With Heidi we had the "lost it at the beach" story.... with Karter it's just going to be an "It was time" story *L*!

Anyway.... I sure hope for a better week than last week. Friday was good, but Thursday not so much. Dance tomorrow.... and Karter's party is Saturday... so I'll spend all week making sure I have everything together. I'm actually taking Friday off to do last minute party stuff and sometime this week Heidi and I are going to get a pedicure.

Anyway.... happy first of April :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment