Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter at Kids World

Oh my goodness I had so much to do tonight when I got off. I worked on the kids Easter treats last night for them to take to school tomorrow and I spent my entire lunch today (that's right.... no stopping to eat lunch) cutting the eggs out with the cookie cutter and then a knife to finish it off... and tonight we (Kyle and Cindy helped some) finally finished them!!!

They also have to take plastic eggs full of candy tomorrow. Kman decided he needed to check things out in the egg area *L*!!!


I don't really know what kind of smile this is.... *L*!!

So the babies got a bath in the sink... they were actually in there while Lindsay came over. The kids enjoyed her visit. She played in the playroom for a little while with them.... and while she did that I made the cream cheese squares to take to work tomorrow (I had already made the pickle dip to take)..... so anyway I still had lots to do to prepare for tomorrow, so I asked Heidi if she wanted to take a bath in the sink.... she of course did :)!!

So for Karter and Sophie's class I made chocolate covered rice krispy eggs shapes. Cindy and I tested one and they were mmmmmm mmmmmm tasty!!!

One of the eggs close up..... I used the fruit flavored marshmellows... so that mixed with the white chocolate made these suckers delightful!

When I got through with the eggs, I used the chocolate I had left to make the bird nests for Heidi's class.


Super cute.... just add a peep while it is still wet and pastel jelly beans and wha lah..... there you go.

I used my sweet cricut to cut the tags on. If only it would write on them, I'd be in business.

And here are the final projects :) .... Sophie's class treats are in the pink basket of course.. and Karter's in the white one.... I didn't have a tray big enough to put all of Heidi's treats on.... and I was afraid a bag would mess them up.


I enjoy making things a lot... kind of my "oasis".... it takes A LOT OF time.... but thankfully I have lots of helping hands *L*!!! And I am still able to do them and involve my kids. When I go to use the cricut.... they go with me and usually cut scrap paper out while I am cutting. And like I said I bathe them in the sink if I know I'll be a while in the kitchen.



Anyway... notice Karter's eye???
He was in the playroom with Bug and all of a sudden we heard him start crying really loud... so Kyle and I both ran back there and Sis said that he dropped his bicycle helmet on his toe... so I'm rubbing and kissing on his toe.... yada yada.... and then a little bit later we noticed his eye.... and a stationary box of Heidi's had fallen off the shelf and I guess the corner of it hit Karter's eye. :(

Well It's 11:03.... I'm one tired Momma..... but Sophie Lynne went to sleep around 7ish so she is now up... and in my lap.

I'll end the post with a short Heidi story... yesterday morning before backing out of the driveway, I noticed Heidi staring out the window.... well I was curious what she was thinking about and I often will just say, "What's on your mind??" somedays just out of the blue to see what she is thinking... so anyway... yesterday morning i could tell she was in deep concentration.. So I asked her and she said, "Me just thinking about Princess' life..... I really miss her"... I thought that was really sweet. And in case you don't remember, Princess was the pretty bunny MeMe gave them last Easter. Wonder what's up her sleeve this Easter???

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in awe of your skills! All of these things are adorable! (And I bet delicious)

    ReplyDelete