Thursday, April 14, 2011

My baby boy is 2

I can hardly believe that Karter is 2 today!! Tax DAY!!! :)!! Time really does fly by. It seems like I have so many memories of Heidi from the age of 1-3.... but with Kman... some of it seems to be a blur..... almost like I had him, had Sophie... and now he's 2. If I didn't already have Sophie... would I be ready for #3 since he is 2??? Would 2 be all I would have wanted?? I don't know... I could play the what if game all day long. ... but I often wonder. There is a reason God put Karter and Sophie so close together... maybe one day we'll figure that part out.

Anyway... enough about that before I get all emotional.... *L* That's for the next post. The Karter is 2 post!!

Here's a picture of the girls at T & C!


So anyway.... Kyle didn't get home until 9:40 last night. Late huh? So anyway... the kids and I played outside for a while yesterday afternoon and came inside in time to feed everyone supper and wash bottles.... then off to IBC we went. After church, we came home and got baths.... of course as soon as I took the diaper off of Sophie.... she peed!!! All over me... no joke like not even 1 second later. Once everyone got finished with their bath, we got dressed and rocked and then Daddy got home.



But... here are some pictures of the afternoon:

Heidi found this busted blue bird egg. Kind of sad :(!! I figure some mom or dad was trying to transport their son or daughter (I know some of you are laughing right now... but I am a softy) to another nest and accidentally dropped him/her. *sniffles*.... how sad??
Anyway... on a lighter note... here's my Sophie girl :)!!! By the way everyone has been 100% better!! Thank the Good Lord!!




Karter was giving Sophie a little push...

Got that Colquett tongue out.... Kyle can't do much without sticking his tongue out!!

My sweet girls....


My sweet Karter Man.....


This sight is what I live for everyday. The sight of my children playing. Being happy.



It was a beautiful afternoon... and the sun was shining bright, but the moon was also out... the children thought that was pretty neat.

Heidi still liking Karter's bike....


Heidi this morning at Kids World as we were getting out :)



So..... Heidi thought she needed to put makeup on tonight. I ended up helping her a little... but she was so proud... and their preschool graduation is "Glamorous" so she'll have to be all dolled up for it too!!


Sophie loves to watch Heidi


Soph LOVES this swing... it sure has been a good swing to survive almost 5 years.


Beautiful Heidi.....


Sophie goes into relaxation mode when she's in the swing.


When Meme got home, the kids ran after her.... well I didn't see it happen, but some how Karter fell and tumbled.... he cried and cried and cried :(!



And then.... the kids had been playing with sidewalk chalk, so I decided I would draw the kids' body shapes....






Karter really liked it :)!! I think he was actually trying to draw himself in that 2nd picture below.



and then a round of Duck, Duck, Goose.....









Sophie wants to walk so bad she can hardly stand it... but I don't see her doing it any time soon.

Heidi got a hold of the camera *LOL*!!!

Mom and Jody brought us Howard's for supper. It was yummy! Sophie had to "pick" her teeth that she doesn't have *L* after we ate. It was funny.... she was smiling and really enjoying it.

Now I am tired... after the babies went to sleep and we layed them down, we folded 2 loads of laundry, did the floors, washed bottles, iced a cake (I baked a cake tonight to take to KW tomorrow for karter's birthday), dusted, and cleaned the bathroom.

Anyway.... looking forward to celebrating Karter's life tomorrow.... :) We are grilling out tomorrow night with the family... and super excited that Tyler will be able to come home! Saturday no joke we have 4 birthday parties, but can only make it to 2. We are also hoping to paint our shutters (red) and paint some stuff for Heidi's party.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I plan to :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment