Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Poor Sophie :(


Before I get into the reason for the title, these pictures were taken last night. Karter and Kyle were playing "Ring Around the Rosie.... it was so cute... Karter thought it was hilarious.

So anyway.... now to Sophie. This afternoon about 3:05 I got a call from Sophie's teacher telling me that she had a 103 temperature. I told her I would be right there and that I felt like it was still her ears. Well as soon as I got in the car, I called Covington Pediatrics and they told me to come straight over. Soooo off to Andalusia we go. Her temp was 101.6 when we got there and we ended up staying there until 5:15.

They did test after test. She was negative for strep, so then they tested her for rsv.... we didn't think she had it because she has already had it... but we just wanted to be sure. So they drew blood from her big toe :( and ran more tests. Her ears looked okay he said. They weren't any better, but weren't any worse.... but he did say he felt like she'd end up getting tubes this fall.... that hopefully we could make it through summer. Also her white blood count was 7,000 which he said normally meant she didn't have a bad ear infection that usually that count is much higher.

So anyway... he said she had a viral infection.... which of course is contagious. So the big kids are at Papa and Nana's... and I'll stay home with Sophie tomorrow. Thankfully my dad is off Thursday and Friday... so that will help if I need him to watch Sophie. She's only non contagious if she's fever free for 24 hours.

Oh and she gained an oz in a week!! She weighed 15.2 today.

You know I had to take pictures.... here ya go!





You can tell she doesn't feel good.... she layed her head on me the entire time... she finally went to sleep.







And I'll end it with a video of Karter. Kyle was so happy that he got Karter to say Roll Tide so well... and he honestly believes he has taught Sophie too... well I haven't heard it and I told him I at least get one kid that's Auburn *L*!

1 comment: