Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So In Love.....



Okay... you know how I like to associate songs to blogs :)!!! So please play the song while reading.

If you don't like sappy love stories, then I advise you to go ahead and close out of this blog and come back later *L*!! Everything I am about to write is very true and very sappy.

I am sooooo very much in love with my husband. Over this last month of being together, we have grown so much closer than we have been in a long time. It almost feels like we are in high school again. Our seven year marriage has not been bad... please don't get me wrong, but like any married couple, eventually you usually get "used" to one another and the "newness" has worn off. Things get comfortable and it's "okay" if you don't get a hug or kiss here or there. Of all the years that we have been together (10 total.... started dating July 5, 2000) this past year has most definitely been the toughest. I struggled with a lot this year and I am beyond thankful that Kyle stuck by me and stayed strong. He could have very easily given up and pushed me away. He didn't! I love that about him. He is SO dedicated to ME.

There are so many words that I can use to describe Kyle. He is genuine, sweet, kind, aggravating, silly, good hearted, softy that doesn't cry *L*.... etc. We were at a point in our relationship where we were just at a standstill. We were here day in and day out. Same routine over and over. Some days it was a struggle. There weren't many "conversations". It's not that we were unhappy or that we fussed, we just let the kids get in the way of our relationship. We let the World get in the way of "US" and control us. When we found out that he got the job overseas, of course we were both nervous. I have been told many times that that job either makes or breaks a relationship. It definitely made us. It gave our marriage a renewal like I haven't seen in a long time. We are really just two people, madly in love, that really enjoy each others company.

The thirty-eight days he was gone was not easy by any means. But absence definitely made our hearts grow fonder. We are so in love all over again. It's like I can't stop talking about him or thinking about him. I am so thankful for this job and this relationship re-kindling. I can't stand the time he is gone, but the time he is home is so worth it. We were actually talking the other day at how we have seen him more the past 3 weeks than we have in a long time. With this job it really kind of allows you to enjoy life more. Enjoy each other more. We can now take time for each other. We see each other at lunch, mornings, night. The kids love him being here before school and after school.



You know Kyle's role as "Daddy" makes me that much more in love with him. He wants to be involved with the kids now. He wants to take them to school, keep them with him during the day, drive the girls to dance, go to the grocery store, take them to the doctor.... before that was all things that he wasn't able to do because of work. So he is able to keep up with us more and know more about what is going on. It makes me smile to see him. You know that gushy butterfly feeling you got when you really liked someone? That's how my stomach gets. Almost in knots now. It is almost like it has made me appreciate life more. Appreciate the time I have with him more. I realized what it would be like without him here and how valuable our time together is.... so you have to try to make the best of it. Sure there's going to be down times.... but you pick your battles... and we choose to not let them get to us. He still tries to aggravate me as much as he can *L*.... but he wouldn't be the same ole Kyle if he didn't. That's what I like so much about him. He absolutely LOVES life and he is a minute by minute guy. He refuses to argue... which is good :)!!! I used to try to pick fights with him and he wouldn't fight back. So if we ever had a disagreement, they usually were just settled with "quiet time".



Anyway... I had to get it off my chest that I am very much in love with my husband and I am a very blessed young lady to have God bless me with him. I absolutely cannot imagine him nor our three beautiful children in my life. God knew what he was doing that July day that Kyle finally convinced me that this was the thing to do. He knew what He was doing when we said, "I Do" August 14, 2004. He knew what He was doing when He chose us to be Heidi, Karter, and Sophie's parents. He knew what He was doing when we were at our most distant time in our relationship this past year. He knew what He was doing when He put the fire back in "US" and made us, us again. God is Good!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

We are in it til the end!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment