Sunday, October 23, 2011

So Much To Tell You About....

I promise I haven't stopped blogging. I have gotten in a bad habit of starting blogs and then completely crashing half way through it. My apologies *L*!!

Well... since our vacation, lots has happened. I have so much to fill you in on. So I thought I would do a "Catch Up" blog on things that have happened over the past week or two.

We are so excited that one of our long lost wonderful restaurants in Opp has opened back up, Barr's Seafood. We tried it out Friday night and it was FABULOUS!!! Here's a picture of Heidi Leigh when we got through eating. Pay attention to her feather earrings *L*!! She begged me to let her wear them, so I told her she could when we got finished eating.
HAHA this is a random video Kyro had on his phone of Kman at church.


Saturday afternoon was GORGEOUS! We played outside and took the kids to see the scarecrows at the lake. When we got back from the lake, or actually on our way back, we saw the ice cream truck. When we got home, we could hear it pretty well. The kids got super excited, so we grabbed Daddy's wallet.. and Heidi had Izzy... and we sat in the grass and waited and waited and waited. We saw him go down the street beside us, heard him on the other side of us, but he never did make it down our street :(!! Heidi was disappointed.

Kyle's sweet Mama loves to make Smores.... so we were able to snack on these addictive snacks *L*!!


Kyle took this of me and the babies last night.


Kyle took Karter and Heidi to the farm one day to "teach" them how to shoot a BB gun. Here's ours "TOUGH" Diva with the gun *L*!


Kman makes Daddy happy *LOL*.... Heidi dolled him up in jewels, hair accessories, and a purse Saturday. Spot (Kyle's Dad) got a good kick out of it.



Kyle kept the babies Friday. Sophie started feeling pretty rough Thursday.... so he kept them out of daycare Friday and they went with him to a local celebration to try to win us a golf cart. I think they had a pretty good day. The picture of the babies in the door frame was one that he sent me of them waiting for "Momma to get home" :-) did my heart good.


Two Saturdays ago I went to the beach for the weekend for my friend Lindsay's Bachelorette/Lingerie Shower. It was really hard for me to be gone all weekend. I'm not used to being away from my babies that long. I missed them like crazy. Thankfully Kyle kept me posted throughout the weekend and kept sending me pictures.

I think he had it all under control :)!! The picture on the left he sent me of them all eating Hardee's breakfast on Saturday morning... and then he and Sophie rocking. Oh he also got them all up and made it to church on time for Sunday School. He is an AWESOME Husband and Father.


Amanda brought the cereal and she and her friend, Paige, did the cutest thing by tying the spoon on the box and putting our name on the spoon. How cute is that?

We went to the beach Saturday and it was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The weather couldn't have been more perfect. I felt so strange being there without someone saying, "Mommy, Mommy"... or sand being thrown, picking up sand toys, etc... *L*.


For supper we had reservations at Bonefish... this picture was taken of the bride to be, me, and Amanda there.



After we ate supper and she opened all her gifts, we had dessert at The Melting Pot.... sooo unbelievably good. It's pricey, but it is so worth it. I want to go back and do the entire meal plus dessert. Gotta save our money :)!! Anyway... I was so proud to see my kiddos and hubby that Sunday.

My mom took the babies to get a snow cone and they did some other things while I was gone. Kyle's mom helped him a lot too. He went to a Dove Shoot Saturday... so the kids got some grandparent time :)!!




Friday Heidi noticed that her tooth was really loose. She was so excited and wanted to pull it right then. She tried, we tried, she tried, and we tried *L*... but it just wasn't ready. So.... we tried again Saturday...... still nothing.


Then Amanda came over Sunday afternoon and she tried..... still nothing.....


But then last night..... Kyle tried and wah-lah.... he got it :)!!! She was soooo tickled. She got a little upset at first when she found out there was going to be blood involved. It all of a sudden "hurt" then. The tooth fairy brought her $5 for her first tooth. She was so proud!




Kman said he wanted his tooth pulled too *L*!!!
Here she is after it came out.... she was in complete shock.
Such a special and meaningful event in our children's lives... especially the first time!

Snaggle Tooth Fred:


I hope you enjoy the videos :)!!! Kyle is so crazy... he got a trick out of surprising us. Oh I am very sorry they are sideways. I video'd from his phone and I didn't know there was a right and wrong way *L*!! I know now. They are worth watching, even if you have to cock your head to the side.





Karter Man has gotten into this wanting to take his picture thing *L*!! So not like him.


Saturday afternoon was a perfect time to go to the lake to see the scarecrows. We had a great time.





This baby girl makes me so happy :)

I took a picture of the pirate one... this is my works scarecrow. I just realized that it is really hard to make out in the pictures.





I am not kidding.... seems like every step we made Karter wanted his picture taken *L*!! "I want my picture taken AGAIN" he'd say *L*!!



He's so "pur-tay" to me.







Is this picture of Heidi walking across the bridge not absolutely gorgeous? I LOVE this picture.







HAHA This video is funny to me... and I apologize to Southside Baptist Church (if any members are reading this). Please don't worry.... no harm was done to the drums and we picked them up just like they were.





CrAzY Kyle was doing wheelies with the stroller.


Here's the evidence *L*:





We then decided to get in the stroller *L*!!


Sophie had her 15 month check up too! Kyle was able to take her to it... YAY!!! *L*!! He has had to miss out on majority of DR visits because of work. She weighed 16.6 lbs and was 31 inches tall. Since she is still so tiny and hasn't gained much since her last visit, Dr E wanted us to go get blood work done on her just to make sure everything was okay. I felt so bad having to get her tortured :(!!! She had 3 shots that day and her blood drawn. Thankfully everything came back normal and much to our surprise (NOT) she is just petite :)!!




She may be tiny... but she is super feisty *L*!! Here's my arm after she decided to use it as a chew toy while teething.... ouchie!

HAHA These were taken right before I left for my girls weekend. We were just being silly.



This past Friday, Kyle, the babies, Papa, and Heidi went to the park and enjoyed the beautiful afternoon. They ran into Heidi's friend, Katie, while playing.

Oh here's the kiddos all lined up and ready to ride in Babee's new car.
Ahhhh I have these so not together *L*!! These were also taken right before I left for the weekend... they were practicing shooting the BB gun. Heidi's stance cracks me up.... plus she's in one of my old dress tops haha.


Here she is on the first day back to school after Fall Break. She was actually ready and excited about going back. I am so glad she loves school. Thank you Mrs. Hightower for being such a wonderful teacher.


Whoop Whoop!! Black and Gold Day at OES this past Friday. She looked like a real cheerleader *L*!!


So anyway... we had really enjoyed the past few weeks. I have also been able to do a little Christmas shopping here and there :)!! I am very excited about Christmas this year. Last year was a little rough for me, so I am glad I am already feeling the Christmas Spirit :)!!

Oh and how could I forget to mention that MeMe has set up a little TV area for the kids with a special table she bought and she got Lion King to watch with this new TV.... and Lion King is now at our house and we have not only watched it 1000 times since she bought it, but we are now watching it for the 2nd time tonight. Karter gets like in a trance when he watches it.

Anyway.... hoping for a fabulous week. Oh and please keep my Grandmama in your prayers. She fell a couple weeks ago and broke her shoulder. Thankfully she doesn't have to have surgery, but it will be a very painful recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment