Monday, August 19, 2013

1st Day of 2nd Grade

 WOW!!! First of all, how in the World is Heidi already in the 2nd grade?  I held all my tears in, but I am just in amazement at how fast time has really flown by.  

She was finally excited about starting back to school.  She has been dreading it most of the summer, but over the past couple days with us preparing for it, it got her juiced up:)!

I set my alarm to be sure I had plenty of time to get us all ready and make breakfast.  I was planning to surprise her with her muffin and sign, but the moment she realized I was not in the bed, she jumped up and ran in the kitchen.  (It gave her quality time with the cats before time to get ready).


 We worked on these treats for her to take to each of her classmates.  May be hard for some of you to read, but they say, "So thankful we were "MINT" to be in the same class!
 And the time has finally arrived.... a new year has officially begun. 
I want to be a veterinarian when I grow up. (Our printer is acting up so I had to hand write it)


My beautiful 2nd grader

Quick snap on the way to school.  In deep thought about something.

 She fussed at me the entire time taking these pictures.  She was so worried she was going to be late the first day.  If any of you know me, that is sooo me!! I used to fuss at my Mom all the time during the school year about being late.

A face of, "MOM I do NOT want to be late the first day"
 And y'all.... we were there 15 minutes EARLY just to take pictures.  PLUS this is right by the front door. 
1 last picture before she headed in.... *sniff sniff*.
 The babies didn't want to take a picture with her before school, but they were all about taking one after she walked in LOL!  

You can still see the sleepy in Karter's face.  I had to wake he and Sophie up.

Best friends for LIFE!

I am so anxious to see how her day went.  She really wanted to have either Mrs. Blair or Mrs. Sasser for a teacher & she got Mrs. Sasser :)!! So she was very excited.  Oh and today was chicken nuggets, so she didn't even want me to pack her a lunch.  

Please send up prayers for our teachers and students this year. 

Gonna end with pictures from Kindergarten and 1st grade on the 1st day :)!
Kindergarten


1st Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment