Wednesday, August 14, 2013

To My Handsome Husband....

I know y'all get tired of a Sappy Anniversary post year after year, so I'm not gonna bore you with a watery eyed love letter.  Just a short note :)!!

Nine short years ago I married my very best friend.  He really was my best "guy" friend.  We started dating July 5, 2000.  Before that I went on several dates with him and his "girlfriends".  None of them liked it.  I can't imagine why hehe.  One even made us take her home after we ate LOL!  I can't believe they didn't like being on a date with him and see me sitting in the seat facing them LOL!  Oh and to top that we usually took my car and I would sit in the back seat.  Oh my word!!

I don't think either of us will forget the over an hour long phone conversation with him begging me to give him a chance to date me rather than us just being friends.  I was not at all fond of the idea because I didn't want to lose the friendship we had.  Now here we are 13 years later :)! 

So taking a stroll down memory lane......

Such Youngins'


One of our Homecomings

Easter

His Senior Prom

1 of our many snow skiing trips

When my aunt & uncle took me to visit him when he lived in Orlando

During our high school lunch

The roses he used to propose.... I had just graduated HS 7 months earlier hence all the HS decor!

He proposed on Christmas Day.. this was Tyler's scooter he got

Daddy said this was THE ONE :)! 

What does a 19 yr old do for her Bachelorette party? Shipwreck Island of course LOL!

My bridal breakfast

Of course I still have 1 of our napkins...

Daddy holding back the tears.  I still tell him he should have let them flow!

All of the guys in our wedding...

KC & His Daddy

Lemo ride to Daphne

A ski trip after we were married :)

Expanding our family

I knew at this moment that our lives were forever changed and that he was going to be a wonderful Daddy!

He was so gentle and cautious when putting Heidi in the car for the first time.

See what I mean by handsome husband?


And then there were 4.....


And not much longer there were 3 kids LOL!
And now he sacrifices so much by working in the Oil Field and being gone.  He sacrifices missing out on so much, but also gets to experience so much more with our family that a lot of Dads don't get to.  I appreciate everything you do Kyro! Love you to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment