Thursday, August 1, 2013

NEVER A Dull Moment Around Us....

 So anybody that has been around me or my kids then you can give an Amen when I say there is never EVER a dull moment.  Like ever!  It seems like all I have ever known was 1 kid or 3.  Like I feel like I jumped.  With the short amount of time with only 2 kids, I hardly think that counts :)... plus I can't remember much about those 14 months.  But surely only 2 kids would be sooo boring hehe!  Just kidding all my friends with two kids!! Heck my parents only had 2 kids LOL!

Anyway, Heidi still is not a big fan of her hair.  She brushes it 100 times a day in hopes to either make it grow or stretch.  Bless her!

This was the best picture I could get of her yesterday.... describes exactly how she feels about it....  (& it isn't the cut.... it is absolutely precious.... it is just the drastic change)....

 We were getting ready to head to Enterprise when I heard Heidi SCREAM!  I practically screamed too when I saw it.  Sophie decided since I wasn't around to undo Heidi's cut off pony tail and scatter the hair EVERYWHERE!  Boy oh Boy did she get in trouble!  She wanted to do it so bad right after it was cut off that she just about couldn't stand it and was threatened SEVERAL times that she better not.  So in other words.... she knew better!!

So according to these two instructions off of the Locks of Love website....
  • Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
  • Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
..... I don't know that they will accept it.  I didn't sweep it up, but I sure did get piece by piece and tried my best to put it back together, but you can obviously tell it has been tampered with.

 After all the hair drama, Heidi will be absolutely devastated if they do not take it.  I am going to send them a sob letter with it and we'll see what happens.

It is hard to see in this picture, but I had to share my sweet note from Kyle.  His uniqueness is his spelling and his way with words :)!! So this note is 100% him!  It reads, "Your are amazing Love you"..... Your are amazing too Kyro :)!!!!
 Today we took Grandmama to get flowers for Grandaddy's grave.  Well I was helping Grandmama with something and Heidi gave me that "look" & told me to come there.  She had somehow managed to tie the draw string on her shorts to the arm of a chair in the florist.  Let me correct myself, she didn't just tie it.... it was in a knot!! I tried and tried to get it out & then the sweet lady at the florist was finally able to get it.  I'm like you're my "good" kid hehe.... !!  That was definitely some excitement.
 .... with every move she tightened it.... so that made it even worse.
 I am sure Grandaddy would be impressed with Sophie's pose hehe....
 We barely made it back to Dad & Yana's before a storm came.  Which what's new lately? Right? After the storm, the kiddos and I loaded up and headed to sign the girls up for dance.  Sophie is BEYOND excited to start!  She calls it "dance recital" and started crying when we left today.  I hope ADTC is ready for what is to come :)!!

Once we got them registered, we had a fun visit to The Dollar Tree.  Who doesn't love The Dollar Tree?  The kiddos were so good.  They each got to pick 1 toy and 1 candy and couldn't have been happier.  It came another storm right before we got there, so while it stormed (after we got soaked getting in) we walked up and down each aisle.  Somehow Sophie not only bumped, but completely dismantled a display box of hundreds of small tshirts all in little round things.  OH WHAT FUN!!!!  What's there to do but laugh and make a team effort to pick them up.
One thing is absolutely certain about The Colquett 5.... we are NOT bored!!!

Oh and Mom, I am sorry but I have to share this story.  I went to a friend's Celebrating Home party tonight and Mom watched the kiddos for me.  She said she got on her treadmill and Sophie said, "Babee you got a big butt..... I mean a BIGGGGG BUTT".... Mom and I were rolling when she was telling me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment