Friday, October 4, 2013

Always A Happy Day for US!!!

 So the day Kyro comes home is ALWAYS a good day around our house.  Of course I want to make sure everything is neat and tidy :)!! So I spend my day cleaning.  I don't know.... I just like to make him feel as though he can come home and relax... ya know?  Anybody with an offshore husband knows what I mean when I say that they are incredibly tired when they first get home. 

He left the heliport about 2ish yesterday afternoon, so he was steadily texting me and I would send him pictures and what nots :)!!

I took the kiddos to the Middle School Pep Rally yesterday afternoon, so I took these while we were there.....

 Heidi was looking at the calendar Babee had hanging above her desk.
 So I sent him those of the girls and he was like.... where's Karter? So got one of Kman down the  hall.....

Of course a goofy shot :)
 Kman had his 2nd Soccer game last night.  Kyle was so sad that he missed it, but I was basically sending him play by plays during it :)!  Karter did SOO good.  I guess they are starting to get the hang of it now.  Last nights game was very good. 

Soph loves to play in the dirt on the ball field behind the soccer field.  Well I wouldn't let her last night because I knew we had to leave to get KC when the game was over.  Of course my little Drama Queen got mad at me!  She pouted for about..... ummmm.... 5 seconds and then forgot she was even mad.


The picture I got 5 seconds later...
 Karter even got knocked down twice and once his legs flew above his head.  Mom & I were holding our breath that he wouldn't cry, because he does have a tendency to be overly sensitive.  But sure enough.... he got right on back up and kept playing.  I was so proud of him!

As soon as the game was over, we came home.... got quick showers and headed to pick up Kyro!  There is such a rush when you know it is "that time".  I knew he was tired (had been up over 24 hours.... worked his last 12 and then had to wait for his chopper ride out.... so no time for napping unless they get one in on the helicopter) because he wanted me to drive home. 

We got home, he changed clothes and I told him we had a movie (Netflix) come in, next thing I knew he was snoozing away. 
 He felt so bad this morning for going to sleep so soon.  He is always falling asleep pretty fast the first night home, but not usually before the rest of us even settle in.  He kept apologizing for going to sleep and not spending time with us.  Heidi and I were like.... it is okay :)!!!  No need to apologize. 

Anyway, his radio in his truck has never worked right.  His mom gave him money for his birthday to order him a new one... so he did just that and by 8:01 AM he was already putting it in.
 And Sophie girl was already hard at it.....

My Aunt Jeanna uploaded this picture from Drew's bday bash at the pond.  I LOVE the laughter on their faces so had to share.
Needless to say, we are a family of 5 once again :)!! Let the fun begin while Kyro is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment