Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Homecoming Fun & Bragging on My MIL for a Minute

Is Kyle not just the best sport ever?
Friday was a fun filled day.  School let out early because of Homecoming, so we basically had the entire day with all our kiddos, plus ole B :)!! But he is just as much part of the family.  I picked Brayden up from preschool and we took him to the parade and the game :)!! 

After the parade, the kids begged for a Snow Ball.  So that's exactly what we got :)!!





Since it was Homecoming they announced the court at half time.  Brayden and Sophie were completely amazed at the pretty girls.  While Karter could care less what the girls were doing, Brayden was "ewwwing & ahhhhing" over all their dresses.  It was rather funny.  He and Sophie both kept yelling "THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED"..... and of course beautiful Whitney, homecoming queen, walked out in a white suit.... so that just proved them to be right hehe.
That video of Sophie completely cracks me up.  You have to watch it the entire way through.  She is such a pistol!




Saturday we spent the day in Andaulsia.  We had a painting party and then spent the rest of our time at MeMe's.  Now I know most of you remember me talking about her table decorations.  She is constantly changing them.  Mostly to match the season.  Well, for Halloween it really was awfully cute, but y'all also know I have a HUGE phobia about spiders.  Her table was FULL of fake BIG, BLACK, spiders.  I still had to get a picture of it and Heidi very much enjoyed sneaking one on my shoulder and of course I almost pee'd in my pants.  I seriously thought  I would have nightmares. 

All was good :)!!  She is just really creative.  She even had black crows hanging from her lights. 


We then went and ate with Kyle's brother and sister in law.  The kids had a good time being together and playing. 
My sweet Mother in Law also is such a giving person.  She is almost always giving and not receiving.  She buys the kids clothes constantly (which I love hehe).  Zulily seriously is her best friend.  Which is okay with me haha!  Well, she surprised me very much.  She made the girls these absolutely adorable outfits.  It was her very first time sewing an outfit.  She even took a class just to do it.  Now how dedicated is that for a grandmother?  For real?  I was so impressed. 

See how presh?  I couldn't find anything for Kman to match them, but she knew Kyle wouldn't want him in anything that she "made", so she ordered him something it just hasn't come in.
We left shortly before the Alabama game was over.  Sunday was just a fun filled family day.  We had Mexican for lunch, and then the kiddos had to clean their rooms. 

I do have to tell you a funny.  Sophie got in trouble for being completely just MEAN!  She hadn't had a nap and if you know Sophie, she requires a DAILY nap or she is mean as the Devil.  Anyway she had clawed my foot and I got on to her.  Of course she got mad at me again and thought nothing less than to claw me again.  Well she got a spanking and I put her on her bed in her room (in hopes that she would close those pretty blue eyes and fall asleep).  I closed her door, but left a little crack so I could check on her.  Well about 3 minutes went by and I went to check on her.  I looked in and DIED OUT LAUGHING!  I could not help it.  She was laying there just staring and talking to outer space.  Well not really talking, but "mouthing".  She was mouthing, "I'm Sorry", "You're not my best friend" "I didn't mean to"..... just whatever she could think of... over and over and over.... and she is very dramatic, so it was VERY easy to understand what she was mouthing.  I had to quickly call Kyle over there so he could see.

She just constantly keeps us laughing.  She is completely entertaining... whether it be her trying to be or not.  Yesterday morning I was doing laundry and she came walking in looking just like this....
It was definitely a candid moment.  How could you not laugh?? This was not a staged picture... completely her! She put the sunglasses and headband/wigs on and of course was prissing around.  I really hope her personality always stays like this.  I like the laughter she brings :)!!  I could do away with the aggravation, but the laughter I like :)!!

Sweet Mollie Mae and Kayla had doctors appointments yesterday, so we were able to pick Brayden up again.  Karter and Sophie get so excited when I tell them he is coming over.  He gets out about 30 minutes earlier than Karter does from pre-k, so he and Sophie enjoyed playing until time to get him.
Once we got Heidi from school, our fast paced afternoon started.  Dance then soccer. 
My Ballerina fell asleep in the school line :)!
Sophie also pee'd in her dance clothes.  When I picked her up, she was in different clothes and they handed me hers in a garbage bag.  She said she "didn't want to go, but would ask to go next week".  Sophie's exact words!  Just constantly something :)!!

We had time to run home, get ready for soccer, & check on the yummy Vegetable Beef Soup I had going in the Crock pot.  Right before time to get in the car, I walked outside to get them and this is what I found......

So really.... she is just her own little self.  She could be a very entertaining TV Show just in herself.  We all just seem to enjoy her journey.... because you just never know what it about to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment