Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I Love My Simple Little Life

 Kyle and I got to talking last night about how much we just really enjoyed our day.  No where to be.  No where to rush.  Just had a day to enjoy the kiddos.  That got  me to thinking about how much I just really, REALLY love our simple life.  Just a couple ordinary country folks raising some kids and animals with a love for God that is indescribable.  We don't live in a fancy house, or big city.  We are raising our kiddos in the same small town we grew up in surrounded by each others family.  I mean in the big realm of things, what more could you want?   We tried the "big city" life when we first got married and lasted 9 whole months there.  Nothing like family :)!

Our children may drive us bonkers, but whose doesn't from time to time?  Being a parent is hard work, but is easier when you have a support system :)! 

So with that being said, let me just share with you how much we enjoyed the past couple days.....

Friday of course we went to the Pep Rally.  Right before walking out the door, little bit decided she needed to adorn everyone with bright red lipstick.  I did my best to get it off her skin..... but as you can tell   it didn't help a whole lot :)!!
 Friday afternoon we went to my moms to grill us supper and our good friends, The Tisdales.  It was yummo!! Porkchops, sausage, baked potatoes, fresh peas, and salad.  Mmmmm Mmmmm :)!!
The babies crashed on the way to Moms :)

While T & K ate, I enjoyed spoiling Baby Girl :)!

And seriously... how precious are these feet?  It is so easy to forget the "little things" when your baby is 3.
 Saturday afternoon (after the wonderful tea party I already shared) we took the kiddos to Dinner & a movie :)! 
My handsome boys at dinner
 When we got back to the car, for some reason they requested a photo shoot haha!  So that's exactly what they got.





 We have Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs so when the 2nd one came out, they were begging to watch it :)!! It was such a cute movie.  Very creative movie.
Not that you have (haha) but just in case, I video'd what it is like to watch a movie with ole Sophie girl..... she has done better in the past, but for some reason she just could not sit still during this one.

 We went to the 5:30 movie.... which for those of you with multiple kids... still counts as a matinee .  So we got in for $27 verses $76.  It was nice too because we didn't get home so late.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling ROUGH!  Like a bad sinus/cold attack.  I took cold medicine and should have known better.  I could hardly hold my head up in church.  The girls wanted to spend some time with Nana before we all headed to my cousins shower, so we dropped them off.  She snapped this cute picture of my precious girls :)....
 Sunday afternoon/night I could hardly open my eyes.  My nose and eyes were pouring and burning.  Thankfully Monday I started feeling better.

As you know, we let our chickens out for several hours every day & lately they have been coming to the back door and looking in.  Usually I don't have my phone with me to snap a picture, but was able to Monday.
 The girls had dance Monday and Kman had a soccer game/soccer pictures.  So Kyro took him to that and the girls and I rushed over from dance and made it in time for the game.
Throwing the ball in

#1 mom forgot her change of clothes :)

Hard to see, but Kman was kicking the ball....
 My friend, DeAndra, captured these next few pictures. 


Looked like Kman giving a pep talk :)
 I didn't want you to ever wonder what it was like to go eat with Soph.... so I got a couple videos for you haha!

 That would be why we have limited our selves to going out to eat hehe :)!!

Okay, so this week is the letter "F".  Monday Kman took a football.

Yesterday was picture day and he also took a Firetruck.


 Today he took a Frisbee, but we forgot it at home (wouldn't you know).  Kyro took it back up there for him  Either way I got a picture of him stylin' in his pink shirt that he didn't fuss about?  Which was extremely odd.
 So yesterday morning, a group of us SAHM got together at a friends house.  We had a short devotion & prayer time and then just sat around eating and chit chatting :)!! Before I left, KC and Soph were raking up some leaves for her to jump in.  She loves to jump in leaves. 




 This calls for a #farmlifeinthecity (hash tag hahahaha)

 Heidi had been wanting to go see the Scarecrows in the park, so we promised her that after school we would.  We did just that and carried Jaycee and Driller :)!  We had the best time.... although Sophie did end up admitting at the end that her tummy really didn't hurt, that she just wanted us to hold her.  About 5 minutes after we started walking, she would pure squat down and cry that her tummy hurt and she just couldn't walk.  She even convinced us she needed to go to the bathroom.  We finally made it to the bathrooms and of course she didn't have to go and then said she was tricking us.  Pretty smart thinking for a 3 year old LOL! Or either we are gullible.





 Sophie wanted to walk Driller.  That lasted about 20 seconds before he started running and Kyle started chasing them.  Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough to video, but did manage to get some snap shots...


Hard to see the big grin on her face.... it didn't scare her one bit.  Her fast paced self!
 Once we got home, I finished mowing grass (while taking turns riding Kman and Sophie) & KC got the grill ready.  When I finished, I put the fries in the oven and sat outside enjoying the beautiful weather with him while the kiddos jumped.
 After dinner, they got showers & we made homemade strawberry icecream :)!! Heidi had been wanting some, so I let her help me make it.  So yummy! 

Sophie was cheering her little heart out while the ice cream made.  It was really cute to me.  There is a video after the picture :)!
 And I don't think I have ever done a Transformation Tuesday, but after finding old pictures a couple weeks ago, I couldn't resist. 
I am so thankful God made us high school sweet hearts.

2 simple hearts joined together to stick with a simple life :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment