Sunday, October 20, 2013

Kyle & Tad's SURPRISE 30th Birthday Party

 So Kayla and I planned WAYYYY back when to do Tad and Kyle a SURPRISE party for their 30th birthdays since they are only a couple weeks apart.  I really am so unbelievably shocked that us and everyone that knew were able to keep it a secret.  We kept the list small.  Just family and their close friends.  We had a wonderful time and I think everyone else did too. 

We decided to do it at Hilltop.  The service was phenomenal by the way :)!!  We were holding our breath that the boys wouldn't have a soccer game because Oct 17th was the only night that Tad & Kyle were home together and our parents were all in town.  The boys did end up with a game, but thankfully it was against each other.  Was going to work out perfectly! 

Kayla had been craving shrimp and oysters her entire pregnancy and everyone around her knew :)!! SO it was easy to convince the guys that we wanted to go eat at Hilltop before they both left for work again.  We told them we would leave after the soccer game because that was the only night we could go (I had my cousins shower to prepare for Friday and KC hunted Saturday). 

Thursday rolled around and guess what?? IT RAINS!!! SOOO soccer was canceled.  Now what?  Mom had the girls already because I didn't want them to get muddy on the field in case it did not get canceled (BTW the kids DID NOT know about this party.  I knew better haha).  We kept our original time to eat and we just delayed the best we could.  Kman had fallen asleep at My Dad and Yana's house, so that was a good excuse.  When he got up, we went over there to change him and just hung out.  As soon as we left, they got ready and went on to The Tisdales so "we could follow each other". 

I texted Kayla on our way and talked her into letting Mollie Mae drink a bottle early :)!! So I fed her when we got there.  It was the sweetest thing ever :).....

 The only thing I didn't take into consideration was convincing Kyle that we needed to take 2 separate vehicles.  He fell for the fact that "we would have to get the girls afterwards" (which was no lie because they were at the party :) ) !  They rode with Mom to Hilltop.  I was so excited the entire way.  I kept letting everyone know where we were and Amanda would give me people updates on who all was there.  She actually sent this picture to show me :)....
 When we got there, Kyle spotted his uncle's truck and his  moms car.  I told them they were probably just eating together :).  So he thought nothing less.  Then he spotted a couple more that he knew, but never put 2 and 2 together.  It was completely priceless the surprise on their faces!



Explaining to everyone about whose cars they saw and so forth LOL!


2 babies in 1 night :)... made me HAPPY HAPPY!  Danner got hungry before they left, so I got the pleasures of feeding him too.

 Kayla and I are so thankful for such sweet friends and family that helped make this night special.  The guys really appreciated it and felt the love :)!! That's what we were going after.
 Little twisting fun once majority had left :)....




Jackson & Sophie had Nana Hula Hooping :)
 Oh AND.... Kayla thought it would be funny to capture me trying my first Oyster.  I will say I don't think I even tasted it? Which makes it pointless to me for someone to eat them haha!  Takes 3 dozen to fill someone up :)! 
30 is the new 20 hehe!! I remember when 30 was old! Not so much now.  Kyle and I were talking about that this week.  Seems like we were just 18.... now 30?? How did that happen? 

Anyway, thank you to everyone that helped us celebrate :)!! Meant the World to Kyle and Tad for you to take time out of your busy lives and schedules to show how much you love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment