Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lord, I Need You

I hear this song very often on XMs The Message.  Truthfully, the main reason I want to keep XM is to be able to hear The Message.  I would say 90% of the time that is what we keep it on when listening to the radio.  10% of the time it is on Disney LOL! 

Anyway, this past Sunday our youth pastors son preached and the worship leaders from his church came and led our worship.  They were all AH-MAZING!!!  Seriously!  There were only like 4 of them, but they were so loud that I told Kyle I felt like you could sing at the top of your lungs like you should anyway and not even care because you knew no one could hear you.  We sang this song with them as a congregation and I had tears streaming down my face and chill bumps the entire time.  Although I had heard this song a gazillion times and even sing it in my car, having the presence of God in the room really brought it to life. 

I struggle EVERY day with my fight against The Devil.  My feelings are easily hurt and majority of the time I hold a lot in, but sometimes I don't.  EVERY day I need the Lord.  Every day is a struggle to try to not let the kids get to me, or "stuff".  Being a single mom for 3 weeks at a time gets tough.  I have always tried to be a "people pleaser" and that means putting aside my own feelings or ideas and also learning to use the "no" word.  I don't like to say no to anyone for anything.  So all week I have found myself singing this song over and over and over. 

Lord, I need you every second of every hour of every day.  Without my Full Armour of God on to fight against what the Devil throws at me, I fail.  Words become daggers... not only from other people, but my words.  I must NEVER put my sword down.  I must never "rest" my Bible from Sunday to Sunday.  Lord I need you!!! OHHH I need you!!

 Kyle and I were facing a "trial" the beginning of the week that we really weren't ready to face.  More so me than him.  He is so optimistic LOL!  He reminded me of Brother Jeremy's message and told me to NOT put my sword up.  I have to keep My Armour of God on at all times to be able to fight this constant fight with the devil.  If I put it up, he for sure would win.  We have to hold each other accountable.  It is hard to fight a battle on your own.  Thankful for him to be able to pull me up when I feel like quitting.

Anyway, I really hope this song grabs your heart like it did mine.  I cannot imagine life without God in it.  I cannot imagine not bringing my children up in church.  They, just as much as me, are ready to be there when the doors open.  They sometimes are the ones that reminds me, "Momma... we haven't done our Devotion yet".  Without constantly hearing His Word and surrounding myself with other Christians, I know without a doubt I would crumble and fall. 

Hope you all have a Happy Thursday!

Love Always,
Toyia


No comments:

Post a Comment