Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Been a Whirl Wind Kind of 8 Days....

 I haven't blogged lately because my Sophie Girl needed me much worse than my blog did.  Today started off by me feeling like I should SHOUT TO THE WHOLE WORLD.... that she is FEVER FREE!  She ran fever for 8 straight days.  When I say fever, I am talking a high fever... 101... 102... We have been to the doctor twice in 8 days, was sent to an ENT yesterday, she has had blood work done twice, tested negative for the flu and strep... twice, had a Rocephin shot Friday, been on 1 antibiotic, 1 medicine, alternating motrin/tylenol, and now a steroid.  She has been a sick sick baby girl.  The DR initially thought it was a Viral Infection when I took her yesterday was a week ago.  Then Wednesday her lymph node swell pretty big and was extremely sore.  So I called them back Friday.  We went in.  White blood count was to 17,000.  So there was a chance she had Cat Scratch Fever AND a really bad bacterial infection, but no longer viral.  (I had kinda diagnosed her myself with CSF because Kman had Cat Scratch Disease... btw the cats are GONE!!!)   Which was good news because she was no longer contagious.  She just felt like mud.  So we began treating her for both over the weekend.... she would throw up the medicine and it was torturous even getting her to take it.  By day 6 and 7 she was just sick and tired of medicine... ya know?  Taking it every 4 hours... the fever would go away and it would spike back up.

So here is a look at our journey... and on New Years Day I got some really bad news....

Day 1 at DR.... took her thinking she had an ear infection... no fever initially.

 Fever got to 101 sitting in the room with us just waiting for the doctor.

She is so used to helping Grandmama check her blood sugar that I think that is what got her through the finger pricking.  She was a champ!

She was so hot that she pulled her pants up :) and was still showing me her bandaged finger.

She hung out with Kyle outside some Tuesday while he grilled.
New Years Eve afternoon.... miserable baby girl
 We had planned to hang out with The Tisdales NYE, but at that time we still thought Soph was contagious.  She hung out with my mom while we went over there and ate.  You can tell in this first video that she was happy go lucky because she had Tylenol in her.... the 2nd video we sent to her... and by the 3rd one which is the one she sent us back, tears filled my eyes and we went to get her not long after that one.








When we picked her up from Babees her fever had came back.





 She still wanted to open her Christmas present from Tad and Kayla when we got home... but you can tell she was opening it with tears.  She felt so bad. 

Day 3... NYD
 We just hung out New Years Day.  Mom came over and cooked lunch and we just chilled basically.  It was a rainy and cold day.

That afternoon, my friend Lindsay, texted me and said "Pray Now!!!"... I immediately started praying... I knew God knew the reason.  Later on, I found out that her big brother, Johnny, had passed away in a snow skiing accident.  My heart felt like it had broke in a gazillion pieces.  Lindsay lost her dad almost 6 years ago.  And now Johnny.  That family has such a strong testimony for me.  Their faith in God is absolutely amazing.  As I visited with them, and through out the funeral home visitation and funeral, it clearly showed how it was a Celebration of Life for Johnny.  They were so thankful for the 30 years they had with him.  It truly was an amazing service. 

So although I had a sick baby girl at home, I also had a broken heart for Lindsay and her family, and Johnny's wife, Amy, and their good friends. 


Day 4 started out with a low fever... and it didn't take long to get on up over 101.


And before we knew it... 102.2.
 I am so thankful Kyle is home though.  Big help to have him home when one of them is sick.  Thursday night, Kyle's mom asked us to come over to watch the Sugar Bowl and eat.  She said she didn't mind that Soph was running fever.... and she knew Soph had been begging to get out of the house. 
So this was us chillin' on MeMe's couch.

Friday morning she was bad.  Very fatigued, ILL, still high fever... could hardly keep her eyes open.  That's when I called the DR office at 8 AM sharp and they told us to come right on.

Where they took blood again :(

Saturday
 By Sunday, we knew she wasn't contagious and she wanted out of the house so bad... so we had planned to go to church.  I was dressed... KC was almost dressed... and then BAM... Soph threw up and of course it got all in her hair.  So I stayed home with her while Kyle and the other two went. 

She almost fell asleep laying on her Daddy when he got home.
 The doctors office told us to call them Monday if she continued running fever.  So I did and she called the ENT and he wanted us to come on over to see if he needed to do a CT Scan or try different medication.  He agreed with everything the DR had already prescribed us and he just added a steroid to it.  He assured us we were not over reacting and he agreed that she just really has some type of bad bacterial infection.  He wasn't sure that it was CSF with her count as high as it was, or she still could have both.  Either way, she has been a sick baby girl.  He did make us feel better by saying that he has unfortunately had to diagnose kids with lymphoma cancer and those nodes generally start off small and grow gradually.. and hers just popped up.  Plus hers is hard and those are usually squishy. AND.... with cancer you don't run fever.  SOO that was all great news for us.
Lymph Node sticking out
KC snap chatted this to me while we were in the DR office :)!
And today... glory hallelujah she is fever free :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment