Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sanctity of Life

Sunday was a fabulous day at church... it was all about the sanctity of life. 
Since Roe V Wade in 1973 there have been more than 50 million abortions.  That is not even fathomable to me.  I have friends that are wanting a baby so so badly and have not been successful.  And like on the news the other day where they found a 3 day old baby in a duffel bag at a recycling center.  WHY??? I will never understand.  Our Sunday School teacher, Mr Ralph, did a FANTASTIC job on our lesson and Brother Garry did a fabulous job in the service as well.  Mr. Ralph was talking about how we spend billions and donate billions for cancer research... and there has not been a cure yet.  And how what if when we get to Heaven that God says, "My child... My child....  I sent the person that was going to find the cure, but you aborted him/her".  That was powerful my friends. 

I was glad to know that I wasn't the only one that has had this thought process when Mr. Ralph was talking about it, but I used to think... well maybe if the woman was raped then she could get an abortion.  No! No! No!  Boy was I wrong.  Not even then should we consider it.  Sooo many people would gladly adopt that baby.  I just wish adoption wasn't such a hard, long, & expensive process.

It is mind boggling to think about how each one of us are fearfully and wonderfully made in the eyes of God.... here are some interesting facts about the human body:
-  An adult is made up of around 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms. (http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/jan/27/20-human-body-facts-science)
- Your heart beats around 100000 times a day, 36500000 times a year and over a billion times if you live beyond 30
-  As well as having unique fingerprints, humans also have unique tongue prints (Those 2 facts came from here)
-  When you sleep, you grow by about 8mm (0.3in). The next day you shrink back to your former height. The reason is that your cartilage discs are squeezed like sponges by the force of gravity when you stand or sit.
-  The largest organ in the body is the skin. In an adult man it covers about 1.9m2 (20sq ft). The skin constantly flakes away – in a lifetime each person sheds around 18kg (40 lb) of skin.
Each kidney contains 1 million individual filters. They filter an average of around 1.3 liters (2.2 pints) of blood per minute, and expel up to 1.4 liters (2.5 pints) a day of urine.
In 30 minutes, the average body gives off enough heat (combined) to bring a half gallon of water to boil.
The lungs contain over 300,000 million capillaries (tiny blood vessels). If they were laid end to end, they would stretch 2400km (1500 miles).
**** Those interesting facts came from here.


And to think some people question if we just evolved and do not see that only God could do all of that.  I just do not get it.  We are all worth everything to God.... even those that are just conceived all the way to those that have celebrated their 105th birthday.

* God forgives all of us.  From lying, cheating, stealing, adultery.... even abortion.  That's the kind of God we serve :)!!

I wish I could attach a video of our youth's dramatization performance from Sunday night.  It was AWESOME!! I don't know that there were many dry eyes in the building.  It was about a young girl that got an abortion.  Her boyfriend tried to stop her, but she got one anyway.  It showed her crying afterwards and the doctor just "throwing away the baby" and then had a little girl beautifully dressed in white walking out with an angel and she walked over to her mom and touched her and the song at that time said something like... "Mom I'm okay.  I forgive you... I love you".  TEAR JERKER!!

 I found this video to share with you... I was trying to find one like the youth did, but couldn't.  Warning... you may cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment