Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend of Tears, Sweetness, & Laughter

 I seriously think this is the first weekend.... ever.... that I didn't take any pictures.  I guess because there was just a lot going on.

I did manage to snap some Friday.... Sophie seriously is the funniest child.  And she is a HUGE "lap baby" when the others are in school. 

A snap chat lol

She loved having me "trapped"!
 She is my copy helper.  She loves going to the school with me... she was boogy-ing to her own tune in her head at one point....

 .... and then another I was in the bathroom for all of 30 seconds before hearing Katy Perry's "Roar" BLARING in the copy room from the Kindle.  I couldn't get out of the bathroom fast enough to turn it down. 
Never been the child to "just sit still" LOL!
 Friday night was Shanecqua's viewing.  MeMe kept the kiddos for me so that I could go to the viewing and got up early Saturday morning for Lindsay's baby shower and had to leave there early to go to Shanecqua's funeral.

Yana rode with me to the viewing and afterwards we had a nice supper at David's :)!!

Saturday morning as I was trying to get dressed for a baby shower and a funeral.... I couldn't help but think about I am witnessing the beginning of life and the end.  Do you know how hard it was to find something to wear suitable for both?

The funeral was so beautiful.  Many tears streamed down my face throughout the "Homegoing Service".  They had a slide show, songs, preaching, and a part where you could give expressions to the family.  I thought that was really neat.  Tyler had told me earlier in the week that her parents told her he could speak if he wanted to.  I didn't know he decided to until the funeral.  He read an absolutely beautiful poem :)!

At the graveside they handed out balloons, we wrote messages on them (took me back to exactly 1 week earlier when I was doing the same thing for Danielle) and released them.
Beautiful colors of a peacock :)!! (Her last name was Peacock)
I could hardly wait to get to my kiddos Saturday afternoon.  We had a nice quiet afternoon at Cindy's... Kman ended up falling asleep.  That night we took supper to Jon Wesley, Leigh Ann, and her parents... and I got to hold sweet Ally Anna again.  You can honestly be going through so many emotions inside and when you hold a sweet newborn, it all goes away. 

After a wonderful morning at church, we ate lunch at my moms and spent the afternoon riding the golf cart :)!!  We all bundled up with a blanket and had a good time. 

In a nut shell.... this weekend.... wow...... I have never been a part of welcoming a child into this world and watching a family bury their child all in the same day.  God is the ALMIGHTY and ALL KNOWING!  I cannot understand His plan nor will I ever, but I do TRUST all that He does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment