Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Let the Birthday-ing Begin

 Kind of hard to type this post... or hard to make it about "me".... today is Shanecqua's 22nd birthday.  Tyler did a post on FB early this morning that made me smile.  He put a picture of him and her last year on her birthday and said how he wished he could call her and sing "Feeling like 22...." (that Sophie sings all the time) just to hear her laugh... and I soooo can hear her laugh.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANECQUA!

Kyle won't be home for my birthday this year, so he started everything a little early.  Thursday night we were in Andalusia doing dance costumes and his mom insisted on us going to eat for my birthday.... y'all that know me know that I am NOT a spontaneous person.  Never have been & I don't know that I ever will be.  I like my plan... and like sticking to it.  I tried every excuse in the book to not go eat... mostly because I had supper in the crock pot and I do NOT like to waste food.... nor do I eat left overs.  SOO I knew that would be wasted.  And then I didn't have on my wedding rings, hair a mess LOL... I said it all.  Karter had been sound asleep and somehow peed in his sleep in the truck... so that was a dilemma too.  Anyway... we finally made it to eat....

THANK YOU MEME!
 Friday night mom and I went to Shanecqua's house and then she & Heidi had a date night.  The rest of us ate supper with The Tisdales and came back to the house to play cards.  They surprised me with a birthday cake.... "Happy Birfday LaToyia".... haha!


They managed to get 29 candles on it.

She is in love with this baby.
 Saturday when Kyle got back from hunting, he and the babies made yummy biscuits :)!! 

 Saturday afternoon after I went to release the balloons for Danielle, I came home to get the rest of the bunch and we went to My Aunt Jeanna & Uncle Mark's surprise 30th anniversary bash.
Before we headed that way we got a snap shot :)!
 I thought it was so cutely decorated.... all 80s stuff... posters everywhere.  Very cute.


The Love Birds


 We had child care Sunday morning and night.... while we were in there Sophie learned how to do her backbend with her head off the ground :)!
 After church, we took the kids and dogs to walk the dam at the lake.  We have been wanting to for a while and we finally got us an annual pass so was able to go.  Lots of fun! And a beautiful day.





 Sunday night we came home from church with a house full.  I was sooo surprised.  Kyle asked our parents, grandparents, & a couple friends to come over for a little party.  He wanted to just keep it real small... that's why he only did parents and grandparents. 

 I am still shocked thinking about it.  Last year in my 20s... hard to believe.

Mom  made my favorite... red velvet cake.

 This week is the letter D :)....
D=Dog

D=Dinosaur

Kman loved this big Dinosaur they had in class.
D=Dollar

Snapped this beauty of my boys walking in preschool this morning.
 Yesterday morning Soph & I took Grandmama to get a chest xray at the hospital.  She just has to make sure all the pneumonia is gone before they can do surgery. 

While we were walking in, we heard sirens and my heart sank.  I do not like that sound anymore.  I texted mom and Tyler to tell them I heard sirens and Tyler texted me back almost immediately and said it was his best friend, Brandon.  Thankfully he is okay, but the lady in the other vehicle didn't make it.  Please pray for Brandon and her family.  Although he tried to avoid hitting her, he is still very up set about it.  Just the guilt he feels.  Ya know?  So please lift him up in your prayers.  Our community needs a break. 
My little princess as we waited
And yesterday our 3rd beautiful niece was born.  We checked Heidi out of school early to go see her so we wouldn't be so late getting home.  All are well and she is absolutely precious.
Ally Anna Colquett
So Happy Birthday to Ally Anna too! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Toyia !! I wish I was 29, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! 29 was "old" when I was 16.... but very young now.

    ReplyDelete