Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Gmama Surgery, Rattlesnake Rodeo, Parties, Ball, & More

 Some of this post should have been done a couple weeks ago.... so that's why Kman and Babee have hair in some of the pics :)!!

My Grandmama finally was able to have her back surgery.  She had some issues going on, so she had to be put in CCU for a few days.  Y'all know how much I love my Grandmama.... so I could hardly wait to go see her.  As you know, in CCU there are only certain visiting hours.  Thankfully my best friend and Mom works for the school system; I had Amanda take Heidi to Mom so the babies and I could take off to Montgomery as soon as Kman got out of preschool.
 Papa was heading up too, but a little later than us.  After I saw Grandmama we headed down to get a drink and popcorn and played out by the fountain for a while.


Can you see them by the fountain?  They loved it.

This one makes me laugh.... here I have Karter posing for a picture and Sophie trying to dive in.

.... and then she decided to sun bathe....

 ..... and then they needed a shade.....

 .... they can't sit beside each other without some sort of altercation....

Babee and Heidi sent this :))
 .... and then they went to get pedicures.....
 .... on our way home we met Babee and Heidi for supper :)....  after we ate they played on the outside toys for a few minutes :)....



 The kids always pray for "Babee to be cancer free".... and anyway, the next morning Sophie randomly came to me and was so excited that she found this "sign" that was just for Babee.... I love this video.

 Saturday before heading to the Rattlesnake Rodeo we went to Heidi's friends birthday party.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day for being outside.

Kman, Soph, and Heidi came down together :)!

Nothing like some I Love Yous :)!!! 
 After Gloria's party we headed to the rodeo with Papa and Nana.  We had a lot of fun despite Heidi's flip flop strap breaking 1/2 way around the track.  And we couldn't find a booth selling shoes.
 They had a blast jumping.  This one of Karter cracks me up....
 

 ..... after they each had no fear when touching the snakes, we had a big talk about how dangerous they really are.

They loved the grease pole climb!

 When we left the rodeo we went to Papa and Nana's for hotdogs, got Heidi some more shoes, and then headed to visit Grandmama.  By this time she had been transported to the nursing home for rehab :)....

 Sunday ( after Sophie's lost incident... ) the girls and I headed to Dothan to a friends birthday party.  They had so much fun.  It was at the same horse farm that we had gone to before for Kaidi's party.  So they were excited about going.  Karter on the other hand was looking forward to an afternoon with Papa.  He gets tired of constantly doing girl stuff :). 





 We made it back in time for church and after church we ate supper with Papa and Nana.  We hung out for a while and then Dad got the scary phone call that my Uncle Victor & Aunt Kathy had been in a head on collision.  Those are phone calls no one ever likes receiving.  Thankfully they were okay.... few broke ribs, broken wrist, and pretty banged up.  But by Gods Grace he saved them. 

Right before the call, I got this video of our little performer.....



Sweet Heidi
 ... These two fight and fuss every chance they get.... sometimes they get over it pretty fast and sometimes they don't.... this particular day they wouldn't stop.... so they got the t-shirt treatment and as you can tell, it didn't bother them one iota....

Nothing has changed with me and noticing dates and numbers.... our milk expires on Heidi's birthday :)!!

 We might have a little video of our friend, Kayla, singing "Hey Mickey".... to which Sophie loves watching.... yesterday morning she watched cheer videos of "Hey Mickey" over and over and over.... I like this video of her.... just when you think she might could sit there and "just listen" to it, she can't.... she has to throw those hands up haha!!
 I had a hair appointment yesterday morning and took Soph with me.  She was pretty good.  She just had to check everything out....
 ..... and well you know.... there are some days that some battles are just not worth fighting over... and her wanting to wear her cheer suit was one of them. 

 Melissa got smart and gave her a Manichean head to play with.  It only lasted a few minutes and then she decided she needed more "stuff" to fix her hair with.
 Okay and this next video is from yesterday after dance.  Sophie got in the car and was telling me how Miss Katie was wanting them to smile on stage (recital is right around the corner) and she said that they would get FIVE DOLLARS if they would haha.... so I had to video it to send to Katie.
 When we got Kman from school we went to Moms to check on her.  I was pleasantly surprised because Uncle Sonny, Aunt Mandy, and Hank (he had an eye appt) were there.  Karter ended up staying with them while we went to get Heidi and go to dance. 

He had so much fun playing with Hank and Uncle Sonny.  They got him ready for his game for me and took him with them to Hanks game (we met them there).
I love this picture.... but it also makes me sad to think about how soon Karter will be 8 years old just like Hank....
 Karters game was at 6:30 and Hanks team VS Treys team was at 5:30... we I was glad we got to watch some of theirs before heading to the tball field.
He got to hang out in the dug out with Hanks team until we got there.  He was top dog hehe!
With all the going we have been doing, today is a wash clothes, clean house kind of day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment