Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter From The Colquett Four!

First of all, this blog would not even be worth writing without thanking The Good Lord for sending His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for MY sins and YOURS.

Because He Lives..... I can face tomorrow.  
Because he lives... all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future....
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

1 Corinthians 15:3-8

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,  and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.  After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.  Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,  and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
 Unfortunately, Kyle missed yet again another Easter :(.  He was so upset that he wasn't here and I have to admit I was pretty sad he wasn't here too.  Always hard him being gone and missing out on things, but even harder on holidays. 
Everything is sneaking up on me this year.  Sadly, our printer is still messed up & HP tells me it is just time to buy a new one since it only prints black and grey.  SO I opted for hand written cards for Heidi's class treats.
I was part of the "Mom Crew" that helped with the Preschool Easter party.  It was so much fun (despite the steady flow of rain outside).  They hid the eggs inside amongst each other and had the best time trying to figure out who had the eggs.

Soph was right in the middle of it the entire time!

Handsome Karter
As you can imagine, Sophie was doing her own thing.  I turned around to get my camera or something, and another Mom said, "Look at Sophie".  She had gotten her own chair and joined the cir



She then was aggravating Karter and his friends....

.... and then she just decided to take another kids seat......
.... so that kid needed his/her seat back, so she just went and got herself a lounge chair....

..... and chilled out right in front of Karter.....

It was finally Karter's turn to hunt them....


.... and then she had Karter sit in her lap.....

His sweet preschool class!


While the class was taking pictures, Soph was hanging out riding trucks....
Once preschool was over we headed to Moms to check on her (she had her second treatment Thursday... that post is coming)..... it never let up from raining, so before leaving there to get Heidi I let K and S jump around in the puddles.



After school we died eggs....


... and I noticed while the eggs were dying somebody (Heidi) took pics of Little Sis with the camera LOL!

Thankfully Friday night MeMe watched the kiddos long enough for me to get a much needed pedicure and run to Walmart to get basket fillers.  I was gone for two hours, but according to the kids I had been gone forever.  I am with them 24/7, so there was never a chance for me to get anything for their baskets. 

Saturday morning we got up and went to our Church egg hunt.  Despite the 70 degree weather the weather man announced, it was windy, cool, and misty.  We still had a good time, but I was glad I took rain coats and rain boots.
While Brayden, Karter, and Sophie rode the train, Heidi went to the playground to swing.  She thought she was "too big" for the train. AAAAHHHHHH!

Buddies!






Can you guess whose bucket is whose?  Sophie's would be the top left.... right of hers Karters, & Heidi's is at the bottom.  The only reason she has 6 (one is under the ribbon) is because her friends felt sorry for the 2 she found and gave her 4.  Little Sis definitely won the egg hunt!
We left church and headed to Kyle's Uncle's house for his family Easter.  We had a great time.  The kids played their little hearts out all day.





 Heidi & I left Karter and Sophie with MeMe at the farm while we went to her friend, Cuba's, party.  They played and colored eggs :)!
HAHA.... and THEN.... we left the party and headed back to Uncle Jud's..... finished off the family Easter with a fun pinata.....





We left his house and went to Babee's for a while to hang out with her. 

..... we eventually made it back home and crashed.  The Easter Bunny somehow managed to come by :).....



After a FABULOUS service at church, we stopped by Nana's.  She gave the kiddos their Easter stuff and we took some pictures :).....

I literally threw our outfits together Friday.  I am usually so put together and have all of our attire planned out months before Easter.  But to be honest, my mind was preoccupied this year, so we all wore something we already had.
We left Nana's, ran home and changed, then ran to Babee's to get KyKy and the butterbeans she made for us to take to The Wyatt Easter.  I laughed and told her she always rescues me with food.  I think she has made something for me to take the past couple years because she feels sorry for me constantly running and not being able to slow down to cook.  THANKS MOM! 
Karter LOVES Uncle Mark!

KyKy and his girls....

Soph jumped right in the middle of the guys playing.... and within 5 minutes had grass stains on her knees.
Once we all eat lunch, the kids all go inside while the grown ups hide the eggs.  The object is NO PEAKING of course.... and well.... here is what Soph was doing.....
.... they had so much fun!  Heidi made up for the church hunt and found the most eggs. 



.... It was cool again, so I had to change their whole Easter outfits.....




.... and as you can imagine we go through several "snaps" of pictures before getting one without someone pushing, pinching, or hitting someone else..

So in this one.... to start with, Karter was pushing Sophie's head back, so then she pinched the mess out of his shoulder.....

Makes picture taking an adventure *haha*!

She was counting her eggs....

Prize table....

Drew was the kite teacher.....


I LOVE this picture!
Sophie was running with the kite and the string got around Karter's neck and cut it pretty good :(.... I took this picture this morning.

Mallory was running to join the fun....
.... Okay and the next 3 pictures show Sophie getting ready to crack an egg on her head, going in for the hit, and then..... she did the hit....


Babee wasn't feeling too spiffy before we went to The Wyatt Easter, so I knew we wanted to let her rest and then hang out with her.  We had a great time.  We were sitting outside and then Drew, Lauri, Frazier, and Mallory came over for a while.  We had a great visit. 


 A little later Karter Man kept complaining with his ear hurting :(.  I gave him a bath and then he snuggled with Babee in her chair..... it was the sweetest picture to me....
.... and I had a good feeling they would both fall asleep on the way home....

No comments:

Post a Comment