Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Break, Engagement Party, 1st Turkey, & More

 Playing catch up with this post. 

 I told y'all yesterday that over the past couple weeks we were all over the place. 

The first part of Spring Break is when Mom got her port and 1st treatment. 
Dr Sophie trying on Babee's hat

Heidi did this when she returned to school.  So sweet to me.  "porkt"=port and "itgagement"=engagement
Had several pretty days during SB :) so the kiddos were able to enjoy a picnic.

Kyle helped a friend out with his boat and got several small pieces of metal stuck in his hand.  I worked on it and got a lot of it out, but he could tell there were still some left.  He finally agreed to go to the doctor to get him to dig in it, but he couldn't find anything.  He gave him an antibiotic and told him that if there was any left that it would work its way out.  Sunday morning at church it did just that.  Two pieces came out during church and last night two more came out.  Hopefully it is all out now.
He got a little light headed during "operation".
 Heidi stayed with Babee one night during SB and sent me this sweet picture 1st thing that morning.
Soph sent Heidi that video  :)....
 I finally got to hold my friend Lindsays baby, Tillman the Saturday ending SB.  He was so precious! 
 That same Saturday was my cousin Abby's engagement party.  She just didn't know she was getting engaged :)!!  It was so fun us all knowing something was about to happen.  Her sweet fiance, Justin, had the whole thing planned and we were to all be at my aunt and uncles at a certain time and then they would drive up and she would be surprised when they walked in and saw us all (we all parked down at my cousins house).  It was perfect.  She, her sis Jamie, Jamie's husband Justin, and Abby's Justin hung out at Moms with her and Tyler. 

And yes..... they are both marrying Justins. 

I couldn't hardly stand not being in the middle of it (haha) so the girls and I left tball early (the field was sooooo yucky because of all the rain we got the day before and I didn't want them getting muddy before the party) and went to Mama's to hang out with them. 
The snapchat that had me wanting to be there.

The cake Jamie did for them.

Everyone getting things prepared.
 ..... and in they came.....
 He took her to the lake to propose :).... and then was just going to her house to show her parents and sister... and eat.... she knew Uncle Jimmy was cooking for them.

Mom was Day 4 out of treatment here.

Handsome rascal.

The sweet couple.
 Mom was fish tail braiding my hair :).....



Sweet Sisters.

Sophie was all about the big diamond ring on the cake.


LOVE this picture!

Aunt Mandy and all the kiddos.
 The engagement and party was a complete success!

It doesn't take long for our pantry to go bare when KC is home.  He offered to go to the store, so by all means I let him :)!!  He came home with junk junk junk.  I told him sometimes it is nice for him to go because he does mix it up.  I tend to get the same stuff each time.
This is like every junk food junkies dream pile!
 Letter C was last week....
C=Car

C=Cupcake

C=Candy Cane
 We also worked on one of Moms rentals for a few days.... Soph was really sweet and just sat inside and colored while Kyle and I worked.
 She also LOVES to get baths/showers.  She would get one several times a day if I would let her.  She talked Babee into letting her get a shower with her :).....

We had just gotten home and Soph immediately opened the pantry (because she is a bottomless pit).... and some baking powder accidentally fell out.  I told her no big deal... we'd get it up... well she heard that and just decided to empty the rest of the container and play in it.  She said it was "white sand".  She had fun vacuuming it up haha!
 Karter also had Kindergarten Screening.  He was not happy about it to say the least.  Still said he was not going to Kindergarten.  (And yes he sits in the pink seat proudly.)
 Thankfully once he was finished he was all smiles and seems to be more excited about starting now.


We kept Brayden & Mollie Mae one afternoon :)!  MM loves Heidi!

Kman wrote "stop" (P is backwards) with MeMe's broom by wetting it in the pool.  It was a proud Mommy moment... so was absolutely picture worthy.
Sophie found Pinkie and was so excited.  She asked me to take a picture and email it to all the grandparents :)!
 Okay, Kyle has just picked up on Turkey hunting.  He loves it.  He went a few times while he was home.  The last day he could go he went with Paul and low and behold if they didn't both get one. 
 I was so excited for him.  All of us were! 
 Kyles was a 10 inch beard, inch and half spurs, 21 pounds.
Pauls was a 91/2 inch beard, inch and a quarter spurs, and not sure on the weight. 
1 is Pauls and 1 is Kyles.
 They made it back home before we left for school, so the kids got to check it all out.

Sophie was ALL about it!

C=Cow (& had to take 1 of the turkey feathers)
 After Karter's chicken house field trip (that Sophie and I missed.... we were there, but not all the way down.... we were so sad), Sophie and Karter both begged to go back to preschool to play.  The teachers had been telling me to bring her since she was wanting to play so bad, so I did.  She had the best time and made friends quick.
 That afternoon was tball practice... Soph begged me to let her climb the fence, so I agreed to let her once.... didn't realize she would try to touch the top!!
 .... and last but not least my sleeping boys..... so precious....

No comments:

Post a Comment