Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sophie Has Tested Me This Week..... & A Soph Funny

This precious girl is ONE. OF. A. KIND.
 Sophie has tested her boundaries since Sunday.  Heidi and Karter both are so "easy" compared to Sophie's devilish acts.  She can be sooooooo sweet and tell me I am the best Mommy in the whole wide World.  Or she can be incredibly mean.  There really is no in between.  If she is ticked off, you really don't want to be in her line of fire.  She can turn a deaf ear in a heart beat.  If you tell her to not do something, she will do it with a big smile on her face.... just in spite.  The things she does and says sometimes make it difficult to not laugh.  Not even gonna lie.... there have been many moments that I stop and say, "I can totally relate to Andrea Yates".... by no means would I ever harm my kids, but when you have one that is so defiant, so resistant, so demanding, so bossy, so sassy, and so..... MEAN sometimes.... it makes it hard to keep a "sane" head on your shoulders.  I love her with all of my heart and without a doubt I know she is teaching me how to be a stronger person.

Sunday after church we went to eat with My Mom, Tyler, Moms friend Tammy, her husband, and two daughters.  When we were standing up to leave, some how Sophie disappeared.  I knew she had asked for candy from the store beside us, so I really thought she was in there.  We all searched everywhere for her.  Even had a couple from church looking for her.  I went in the mens bathroom and looked in the stalls, they were checking outside, I was turning the store inside out.  Panic is an understatement.  Finally, Heidi finds her.  A "trucker" getting fuel spotted her in the field beside where we parked.  I was incredibly mad and thankful at the same time.  I was too scared and so glad we found her to just beat her.  When I swooped her up after seeing her, I was explaining to her how scared we all were, to which she replied.... "SCAREDY CAT SCAREDY CAT".... and then when I asked her where she was and why she ran out without us, she said, "Well, you should have come with me". 

See what I mean?

Okay, Tuesday you all know was Kmans birthday.   About an hour before we were supposed to go eat at Papa Gs, I had ran to the bathroom.  You all know there is no such thing as bathroom peace.  Cannot even go pee for 2 minutes without someone tattling or something happening.  Apparently Sophie got mad at Heidi and wrote on her WHITE shirt with a permanent marker.... and also wrote on her own clothes.  Heidi came to tell me and Sophie of course went and hid under her bed.  Somehow in us coming to the living room, Sophie snuck by us (I am pretty sure that she was already behind my bedroom door by this time).  Before I knew it she had me LOCKED OUT of my own room. 

I knocked, I threatened, I counted to 3 about 10 times... nothing phased her.  She was NOT letting me in.  So I then went around to every door looking for the key and of course couldn't find it.  I got a screw driver to try to unlock the door, that didn't work either.  I was trying to avoid taking the door knob off, but that was the next step.  So I then go outside because I knew the blinds on our bedroom french doors were open.  I was saying her name, to which she was ignoring.  She was dancing away in there with not a care in the world.  I then knocked and she looked at me.  I told her to let me in, to which she flat out said.... "NO"......

I came back in and threatened some more... all the while steaming with every passing second.  I finally told her we were leaving and would see her later.  She started crying and opened the door.  She earned herself a good ole spanking after that!  She said she did it because she didn't want to get a spanking for drawing on herself and Heidi.  Not well thought out there Soph.

Well, we went to eat....  I gave them a big speech before getting there about how nice to be.  They weren't very well behaved.  I had to get on to them several times.  When we started to leave, Mom and I were talking to one of her friends and my childhood friends Mom when we heard Sophie screaming.  She had fallen down on the parking lot (MeMe and Nana were outside with them).  When we walked out, she and Karter were SCREAMING!  He had ran behind the cars in the parking lot, so Nana had gotten on to him and it had him upset.  I couldn't hardly deal because of the escapade that took place before going to eat. 

I wanted to go to The Messers with Mom to watch her shave my Uncle's head, but by that point I knew the best thing for us to do was to come straight home. 

We got home and I sent them to get eggs from the chicken coop.  While they did that, I came in and was washing my face and putting my pjs on.  When I went to put my pj pants on, jello..... YES JELLO.....  ran down my leg.  When Sophie was in my room having herself a PARTY, she had taken with her crackers and jello and filled my pants with JELLO!!!!! 

She is a smart cookie!!!  Why not get even with Mom by filling her pants full of jello?  

Crackers on my bed

The empty jello container and spoon. 
 I was trying to get her to talk about it yesterday morning, but this is as much as she would do....


This conversation sums up how much better yesterday was.

 I forget what day this was, but Heidi has had she, Sophie, and I "rehearsing" the Frozen song, "Do You Want to Build A Snowman" that she wants us to record singing (haha).... so Soph had been singing her heart out all morning. 

I was in our room and she came in... dressed in these high black boots, and I said, "Wow!! You look like a Rockstar".... to which she quickly respond, "I can sing like one too"... and burst into song. 
This photo shows her dramatization even with song.
Of course as she was singing, I started singing with her.  She turned to me and said, "Mama.... YOU.... are NOT the Rockstar.... I AM".... and went back singing.

She is one of a kind I tell you.

She got upset last night at the Children's Easter play because she kept wanting to know when it was her turn to get on stage, and I told her she couldn't get up there for that play. 

She is an actress and performer at heart. 

She is a difficult child to raise, but I know these wrinkles and headaches she causes me are only making me a stronger Mom.  I love her to the moon and stars and Jupiter and Mars and could not imagine our lives without her.

Enjoy her Frozen dramatization video......


2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, do you have your hands full!! :) We have 7 children, and some of them have sure given us a run for our money. But most have waited until their teen years for that, so maybe Sophie is getting all of these 'wrinkles' out of her system NOW and she'll be an angel as a teen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I sure hope you're right. I bet you have lots of fun with 7 kids :)!!

      Delete