Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Moms 2nd Treatment

 I was so sad that I was unable to go to Moms 2nd treatment.  My Aunt Becky and Tyler went so I knew she was in good hands and they sent me pictures and snap chats so that helped my feelings :).
 Mom didn't know it, but her friend Tammy and one of her high school best friends, Becky, had been talking and Becky surprised Mom in the chemo room.  It was absolutely the sweetest thing.  It made me cry like a baby.  Not even going to lie.  She texted Tyler when she got there, so he was prepared to capture the moments.... Mom said they haven't seen each other in 21 years!!!



Precious moment in time....
 ..... and then the Benadryl kicked in.....
 ..... and finally they were on their way home.....
 Her kidney levels were better this time, so they increased the dose of chemo.  They told her to expect this times side effects to be a little worse than last time.  They have been.  She has been more fatigued, body aches were really bad, of course still no taste, a "coating" like in her mouth, mouth sores, etc....  but thankfully today is Day 6 and she is feeling much better. 

She'll get a cat scan 10 days after her next treatment so that they can see if the chemo is working. 

She is such a good sport and still is so very strong. 

These next couple of pictures were when she shaved my Uncle Sonny's head.... they are so goofy!! haha!!  Gotta find humor in everything with life.....

She surprised me with this magnet.  It made me cry once I finally got the courage to read it. 
Life is full of surprises.... some of them good surprises, some of them not so good.  But it is what you make of those moments that determine the value of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment