Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hard to Remember Sometimes that Sophie is ONLY 3......

 Those of you that are around Sophie regular know how smart she is.  She blows our minds on a daily basis with the things she says or does.  Things that Karter nor Heidi would ever say. 

Had to start with a picture of our sweet girls :)!! 

 Notice what is at her mouth?  She came up to me the other morning and said, "Look I gotta smoke...."!  As you can imagine, I was completely caught off guard and thought I misheard what she had said.  So I asked her what she said.... and she repeated that she had a "smoke".... Now Heidi was about 5 when she realized that some people smoke and then started asking questions about what that stick was that was on fire in someones mouth.  I remember the conversation very well.  Karter is just so laid back that he doesn't really pay attention to what a lot of people do.  And then there is Sophie... who is 3 might I add.... that's going to pretend like she is smoking.  I asked her where she learned that from and she said, "KyKy".... I said, "No you didn't".... to which she yelled, "YES I DID IN MY DDDRREEEAAAMMMMMM"!!
She is just flat out goofy!

 Yesterday morning we went back to the dentist so they could try to fix Sophie's other "sugar bug" that she wouldn't let them fix the last time we were there.  She had lots of pep talks before going and she said she was going to be nice.  She even bargained with me and said that if she was nice that she wanted to go to Sonic and "get a hamburger and french fries and chicken and french fries and ketchup and strawberry ice cream"..... so I agreed if she was good.  Needless to say, we didn't get to go to Sonic.  She wouldn't let them do it.  Thankfully, it is a small sugar bug.  It is on her back tooth and since she won't lose those until she is about 11, he wanted to go ahead and fix it.  He said if it were really bad he would want to hold her down and fix it, but because of how small it is he doesn't want to make her hate coming to the dentist.  So we are going to wait until their next cleaning and while they are "cleaning" they'll go ahead and try to fix it.  Maybe by then she will have time to forget about it.
 I have been steadily going through clothes getting summer ones out and putting winter ones up.  After school yesterday I was in Sophie's room working on them and Heidi came and told me to come look..... they had made a big mud puddle and were making mud pies.  Oh my!  Now most of y'all know I am all about not getting some clothes stained.  So I had them strip down (thankfully she called me out there before they were ruined) and just let them have a good ole time.  Before I got the idea to take off their clothes, I told them not to get in it or throw it on each other and Sophie said, "Well then go inside so you dont see".  


Okay, this next set of messages actually took place this morning... (they were between Kyle and I in case you didn't know who "My Prince" was haha)....




I still laugh thinking about it.  The only time I can think about me not being here with them was when I made copies at the school.  I knew I changed the paper towel roll twice last week which was really unusual.  You see we have cartons of eggs in the fridge that we get from our chickens, and then I had about 5 or 6 "white ones" (from grocery store) left and I put them in a plastic bowl container in the fridge.  I'm not sure if y'all have ever cleaned up a broken egg from the floor, but it is pretty hard and yucky to do.  Mostly because of how slimy it is.  I am really impressed that she managed to clean up that many broken eggs and somehow they both were able to keep it from us until this morning.  I was really afraid to hear her answer when I asked what she cleaned it up with.  I was rather relieved that she used paper towels rather than a hand towel that we may have used after.

She opened the fridge for yogurt and started telling me the story. 

Karter eats a lot of eggs, so she thought if he asked for eggs that we would notice LOL!  Cracked me up... and was pretty smart on her part to figure that out.

Plus the smell.... geez.... Kyle nor I could figure it out.  We knew it was coming from the kitchen, but couldn't pin point it.  So I finally got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the kitchen floor the other day thinking maybe the swiffer had made it smell bad.  I then cleaned everything else in the kitchen, cleaned the garbage disposal, and used Lysol to try to kill the smell. 

*** Just things that she says or points that she makes amaze us.  God knew we needed her "goofy-ness" in our family.  She makes us laugh at just the right times.  Although she is a very difficult child sometimes, I really cannot imagine how "bored" we would be without her. 

2 comments:

  1. My daughter started smoking when she was 3 too :) She would ask me to roll the window down in the car! And she would be sitting on parents front porch, when I got there to pick her up, because Nana wouldn't let her " 'moke" in the house. LOL Thankfully she quit :)

    ReplyDelete