Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Kman!




Our sweet Karter man turned 5 yesterday.  It is very hard for me to process and swallow.  I think I will always feel as though his life was rushed because he and Sophie had to basically be raised together.  Love their closeness, just miss him as a baby.  He said he had a "little bit" of a good day.... which I have to admit made me sad.  I try really hard to make "their days" special and all about them.  He saw my frown and quickly said he was just kidding :)!! That he had a good day. 

I took these pictures of him Monday night.... his last night as being 4.....

He looks just like Kyle to me here!



He asked for a picture with me :)!!
He was not excited about turning 5.  He thought that as soon as he turned 5 he would have to start Kindergarten and he still is not ready for that.  Bless him.  He stayed up as long as his little 4 year old eyes would let him.  He knew when they shut and re-opened that he would be 5.... that's why I am glad I got this video of him before he went out :).....


He was finally SOOO excited about being 5!
He started his day out by Papa and KyKy coming over and cooking breakfast before school.
Of course the sisters had to get in the picture too!

His preschool teachers are pretty awesome :)!!  Sophie and I were able to go up there and throw he and his class mates a party.  He loved us being there.

Singing to him :)!!
 

We also got to witness Ms. Becky giving him his birthday spankings :)......




Pictures that unexpectedly capture the moment are the best!
After preschool, we went to Papa and Nana's....  they had a good time blowing bubbles before we left for lunch :).


His lunch pick was Burger King...... (And he was still sporting 5 fingers when he saw the camera his way)
... after lunch we visited my Aunt Kathy in the hospital (She and my Uncle Victor were in an accident.  By the grace of God they were both okay..... minor injuries ) and she actually was being released when we got there.  We then headed to the nursing home to see my Grandmama.  She is there for rehab since back surgery :).
They love playing with her wheel chair.
I had plans to take cupcakes to his ball team, but the game was canceled due to the rain.  So we had a rush free supper at Papa G's with the Grandmama's.  Kman's dinner choice.
Heidi took pictures of everybody :)......



Nana didn't like this picture, but I love it.  I think she is absolutely beautiful. 




Karter is not a sweets fan.  He wants Spaghetti, chicken, or macaroni LOL..... so why not put a candle in his spaghetti? 
Hard to see the blue candle in it :)....
So after an eventful afternoon with my defiant Sophie and leaving Papa G's with Karter and Sophie screaming (for another blog... keeping this one about my Kman), we ended his birthday by rocking in the recliner and me watching him fall to sleep as I do every night :)!!

My traditional birthday letter:

Karter,

What an absolute joy it is to be your mother.  You are sweet, kind, tender hearted, loving, but can turn a switch in a second and punch your sisters in the face.  Literally.  It takes a lot of "taking" from them to make you mad, but you eventually have all you can handle.  You love the ipad and kindle.  I have to monitor your time on them or you would watch them all day :)!!  At the same time, you love to be outside and digging in the dirt.  You are all boy!! You love tball, football, getting dirty, riding your bike and green machine, but you also love your Mommy.  You are a Mama's boy!  You get your feelings  hurt easy just like your Mama and big sister.  You don't like getting in trouble and apologize a million times if you do.  Although you and Sophie fight almost every 5 minutes throughout the day, you cannot be separated from her.  Y'all are attached at the hip and still sleep together every night and usually both fall asleep in my arms. 

You are the little Man of the house when your Daddy is gone.  You do an excellent job putting up with all of us girls.  I love you more and more every day (if that is even possible).  I love you to the Moon and Stars and Jupiter and Mars my precious son! 

I thank God everyday for you and the four years I have had with you thus far. 

With Love,
Mommy

2 comments: