Monday, May 5, 2014

Heidi is 8!


 It seems that I blinked and my first born turned 8.  I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  It is a day I will never forget and a moment in time that is forever frozen in my mind.  My life was changed forever and she made all my "Mommy Dreams" come true. 

We started the day off with breakfast from Papa and KyKy.....

 .... and then Soph and I bought Heidi a balloon to take to her to school while we made copies.

 .... She got more surprises for her big day :)......
 ... and then Heidi wasn't in the car 2 minutes before Sophie had popped her balloon.  Heidi was pretty furious to say the least.
 Heidi had requested a strawberry cake for her birthday.... so that is exactly what Soph and I made her.... I let Sophie lick the bowl when we got back from school :).....
 Karter Man had a ball game that night and afterwards we all went to the Mexican Restaurant (Heidi's pick) to celebrate.  She made me pinky promise not to tell them it was her birthday.  So I didn't tell.  BUT Sophie told right away.  

 To say the birthday evening was a complete failure would be just about right.  First of all, Karter blew her candles out which made her incredibly mad.  The lighter then went out, so we couldn't re-light them.  AND then they came to sing to her and it embarrassed her to no end.  She started crying.  And crying.  And crying. 

Since Heidi didn't want her ice cream treat, Sophie said she would enjoy it LOL.

 ..... and she would wear the hat for Heidi too LOL.....



 ...... and since Sis was still upset, Soph enjoyed the ice cream on her nose......


Heidi,

I honestly am having  a hard time with you being 8.  The days, weeks, months, and years are flying by faster than I ever imagined.  You are 1/2 way to 16 and I can't hardly deal with that.  You are a remarkable little girl.  You are still so sweet, but you are so moody at the same time.  You are smart.  SHY.  Beautiful. 

I love you more than words can ever say.  Eight years ago on May 1st, my life was changed forever.  If I weren't ever blessed with another child, you were everything I needed.  I was so happy to be your Mommy.  You were always all about me too.  Wouldn't let me far out of your sight.  You are still a Mommy's girl, but are getting more independent with age. 

I love you baby girl.  Let's enjoy each and every day.  They pass by too quickly to not take in each moment and memory. 

Love Always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment