Friday, May 9, 2014

Karter's Pirate Party Celebrating his 5th Birthday

 I let each of our kids decide what type of party theme they want.  Karter had decided on a "Pirate Party" early on, so that is exactly what he got.  I knew with everything going on with Mom this year, that I just wanted to do simple parties.  I needed a mental break, so party planning just hasn't been a priority ( His 4th Birthday Party, His 3rd Birthday Party, His 2nd Birthday Party, His 1st Birthday Party ).

It worked out perfectly.  We had it at the park, so the kids all had a ball.

My friend, Amy, let me borrow this super cute pirate sail.




Swords & eye patches for the party favors :)!




 Brayden was happy in the top picture and not in the next one.  I still laugh thinking about me making him mad.  I happened to see he and 2 "stranger kids" in the sword bucket.  Bless him, he was giving every kid at the park a sword and eye patch.  I needed to make sure I had enough for everyone that came to the party, so I pure had to take a patch off of one kid I didn't even know.  Needless to say, Brayden got very mad with me :).....

I try to "color coordinate" all of our attire to match the party.


Was very excited that my friend, Lindsay, and her sweet Tillman were in town and rode over with Amanda.


KyKy and Mollie Mae



:((( And here was the initial fall scrape.  Poor baby girl.

LOVE my Karter Man (& hubby) so very much!

 The wind was blowing pretty hard, so it was very difficult to get the candles to light. 




Aunt Becky, Mama, Jamie, & Tyler

Heidi, Papa, & Silly Drew


The Birthday Boy!

 He had a blast opening his present.  He has thoroughly enjoyed playing with each and every gift since last Saturday.

 It really was a great morning....
 As we were cleaning up, some of the boys enjoyed a little football....




MeMe and her boys :)



.... and then it was over....
While I was adding the links for all of his past parties, I came across this blog post... thought you might like it.... it was from April 15th, 2010.  Back when I only had 6 viewers :). 

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment