Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Karter Graduated from Preschool

I honestly can hardly believe that my baby boy graduated from Preschool last night.  These past five years have flown by and before I know it he'll be leaving 2nd grade just as Heidi is.  During the slide show last night, one of the songs they played was "Don't Blink" (yes I absolutely was crying).  I thought I would put it on here for you all to listen to as you are scrolling through.





 I am beyond thankful that we put Karter in the preschool class at Becky's Kinder Kollege aka BKK.  He has had a year full of memories, fun field trips, and made friends that will last a life time.  He loved going everyday and would get very mad with me if I picked him up early. 

 He learned so much in the 9 months that he was there.  They "tested" them when they first started to see what they knew.  When I saw this sheet back in September, I completely panicked.  I called Amanda (bff that is a kindergarten teacher) and asked her what I needed to do because obviously Karter wasn't going to "make it in to Kindergarten".  She laughed of course.  Told me not to worry.  I then talked with his teacher, Mrs. Mechelle, and told her my concerns.  She too assured me this was completely normal.... and by the end of the year, I would be amazed.  She was right on!!



 They did so many fun activities through out the year.  They all took teddy bears and a picnic lunch once and went on a bear hunt, had an Indian Pow Wow, we went to the zoo, they went as a group and cut down a Christmas Tree for their room, etc.

Here are a few pictures that his teacher posted for us to "snag" if we wanted to of the kids throughout the year..... (I already have a ton more... these are just the ones that I haven't shared with you all)...









 .... And then last night.......



He and his friend, Mason




 When we first got there, Sophie was concerned about the food table and what all "we were going to have to eat".  She asked if she could check it out, and then called me over to see it.....

 .... a few photos while we waited.....



 ..... and then here they came.....




Walking across stage to get his diploma
 When they got to Ms. Becky, she would surprise them with a question......
 She asked Karter what his favorite letter was that he learned at BKK, he said, "C".  She asked him what something was that started with a C and ...... drum roll........ he replied, "L".  We burst out laughing.  Mama leaned over to me and said, "Yep he gets it from his Daddy" LOL...... It was too funny!!



This picture made me laugh because he is such boy.  Sitting on stage with his legs open just like guys do.  No care in the world :)......

 After they announced the graduating class, our friend, Abby, presented gifts to Becky and Mechelle that were from all of us.  We all pitched in to get them nice gift certificates to their favorite places.

.... and this would be little miss waving to Karter while he was on stage.....
 I was so excited to go up and get Karter and take a picture.  He was smiling so good and holding his certificate up for me to see when before I could get the picture, Sophie SNATCHED his hat off his head.......
 .... it made him so mad.... and changed his mood there on out.  I never did get a picture of him holding it up *tear*......
 We somehow managed to talk him into two grandparent pictures.......

 ..... before he got upset because he didn't want to take any pictures......
 .... And then we told him he could get a balloon if he would take 1 more...... so this is the only family photo we were able to get.....
 ..... and none with Nana :(... he just isn't a picture taker.....  and all the girls were worried about was the punch and cake.

When we got home, MeMe had left him a graduation surprise.  He was very excited about that.

And of course little miss pranced around all evening with his cap on..... it'll be her wearing it "for real" before I blink.....
 .... and for the last preschool "hoorah", they are going to the lake for a picnic.  Karter was VERY excited about taking his own lunch box.....

... and he actually kissed me without me asking, told me he loved me, and asked for a picture :)! Maybe he's making up for last night......

 So now the next adventure starts.  School days.  Once they start school, it seems to rush life.  I miss them being babies.  I miss the "hard" days of having two in diapers and chasing Heidi.  I miss the sleepless nights of rocking both of them when they wouldn't sleep.  I knew those days wouldn't last.

After all, BABIES DON'T KEEP.......




No comments:

Post a Comment