Monday, May 19, 2014

Teacher Appreciation, Mom Update, Thursday-Weekend Fun!

 Week before last was Teacher Appreciation week.  Heidi was out the first two days of the week because we were at the beach, so I knew the last 3 days I wanted to send something each day for Mrs. Sasser.  She has been such a blessing to us.  All of Heidi's teachers thus far have.  I enjoy sending little "surprises" to her teachers throughout the year.  Anyway, I got these super cute thank you cards from Shutterfly.  One the days Heidi sent her just a hand written thank you card.  I had no idea what it said.  Heidi wrote it, stuck it in the envelop and put in her folder before I could see.  Mrs. Sasser told me how sweet it was, so I had her show me.  I couldn't help but take a picture.  It was very sweet.


The next day I traced her hand and gave her some hand soap :)!
 .... and this next one, I knew I wanted some candy to fill a mason jar, so I stood in the candy aisle and starred at all the candy trying to think of different sayings I could use with them.... so I came up with this one....

 Wednesday afternoon a big storm came through.  It was super dangerous driving to church in it.  Water was all over the roads.....

These cute kids wanted a picture before we left church :)!!  We love sweet Evan!
 Thursday we loaded up and headed to Lowe's.  Mom needed a few things, and I have been wanting to re-do my flower beds and "spruce" things up a bit outside.  I'm just not good with flowers, so since Mom was with us I knew I better get her to help me decide what to do.  Flowers make her happy and they have started to make me happy too.  I love going by people's houses and looking at their landscaping and getting ideas.

Kyle said I am "getting older" because I want flowers and want to stand outside "watering" them every day.  haha!
Soph had her a nice comfy bed in the buggy :)!!
 Thursday afternoon Amanda asked us to ride with her to get horse feed and an icecream :)!!  Kman didn't want to go, so he chilled with Babee's while we went with her and Kyle went to the gym. 

It was a fun afternoon :)!! Much needed girl time!
 There are a couple tshirts going around for Mama.... one of them originated from the middle school, so Friday they all took a picture of them in them to send to her.  Let me take that back, it wasn't all of them, but all that were available at that time.  I thought it was super sweet!!! So did Mom :)!!
 Mom has been getting better each day.  But it is still very hard.  Her legs are still so very red from the burn.  They even started blistering and peeling.  Her fingers and nails are still very sensitive to the touch.  Saturday her feet and ankles started swelling.  Yesterday they were still swollen, but her hands were added to the mix.  Today those are still swollen, but it has moved to her eyes.  It seriously is something new everyday with Chemo and it gets frustrating watching her go through each "new" thing.  BUT she is a trooper and hasn't let it get her down too much :)!!

Friday, I painted the bench that was on our front porch.  I wanted to brighten it up and have been eye balling every page in my HGTV Magazine for months to try to get ideas.  I finally saw something in this past issue that I really liked.  I painted it a bright turquoise and I really do love it.

That afternoon after school Heidi headed to her very first over night GA camp.  I was a nervous wreck.  I was more nervous about just not being able to communicate with her and not knowing exactly what she was doing.  She was very excited and had a great time!

They were loaded up and ready :)!

Once we took her to church, we headed to Moms so Kyle could finish up some stuff for her.  When we started to leave I snapped this picture and I really do like it :).
 That night we ate with Kyle's Uncle Randy and Aunt Angela and then we hung out at their house for a little while.

The babies enjoyed riding the Ranger....
 .... and of course we don't go anywhere without Karter's ball bag.  We seriously play ball every day.  No matter where we are he wants to play..... So this picture is Randy, Karter and Kyle playing :)...
 When I saw this next ecard, I literally laughed out loud.  It is 100% me!! I love food.  I love restaurants, I love knowing what people eat and where they are going to eat when they go out of town, so this card fit me perfectly.
 Saturday morning we got outside bright and early.  We worked in the yards all day until going to Moms to work in hers.  This swimsuit that Sophie has on was one of my most favorites that Heidi has ever had.  I had to get a picture of her in it :)....



Transformation in progress....

My beautiful potted flowers...

I wanted to keep this bed green, so added monkey grass to the front of it to add another pop of color.
 We trimmed a lot of branches, planted stuff, just had a good time in the yard.  We both like to be outside and working in the yards.  Some people don't like it, but it's quality time for us.

That afternoon we went to Moms to trim some trees, fish, and have a good time. 





Like the pink pole :)???  Spot gave that to Heidi one year for her bday!
 Which although Heidi has a pink pole, she won't fish because it is "harming the fish".  I'm like she is such a nature activist or whatever.  She wants to be a Vegetarian and not harm fish.

Either way, we still had a good time....
 Kyle wanted to do a little fishing competition.  Sadly I lost, but I put up a good fight.  He started singing, "Anything you can do I can do better...." to which you all know I had to chip in and finish the song.... " I can do anything better than you.....".... haha!
 The big tree that was in the pond that we got out was full of termites, so I feel like that's where Sophie got this next picture from......
 Yesterday morning we had childrens church.  We usually have nursery-3 year olds, so I was very nervous about actually "teaching" Children's Church, but it went so good.  I think they all had a good time and we had a good time as well.  We had 19 kids, 21 total counting us.
We had a wonderful weekend.  I spent the entire afternoon yesterday laying down.  I was so very tired for some reason.  I think everything just caught up to me.  I was glad Kyle was home so that I could "chill" for a bit.  I felt much better once I got up to get ready for church.  I just needed a little rest :))!!

Happy Monday everyone!!  In the words of Ralph Bradley, "It's the BEST Monday you're gonna have this week".... make the best of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment