Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day / Mothers 3rd Treatment

 Mothers Day was not like any other Mothers Day this year.  Mom was not well at all from her 3rd Treatment, so she wasn't up to doing anything.  Kyle had to leave to go to Houston for school, and since he had to leave ( I cooked my own Mother's Day lunch ) we weren't able to go eat lunch with Yana.  So it was honestly nothing extra special.  Heidi bless her sweet heart, while I was in the shower before church she wrote out "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" on paper and had it spread out on our bed when I got out.  I wanted a picture, but before I could get it Sophie had thrown the papers everywhere.  Although it didn't seem like Mothers Day for me, I was very thankful to have another Mothers Day with my Mom, Yana, and Kyle's Mom.  I have friends that have to go through Mother's Day without their Moms and some without their children, so for that I was thankful for another day with ours.

Sophie ended up going to eat with Dad, Yana, and the rest of the family (they all took Grandmama out).  Yana sent these pictures to me before the left of Priss....

 Mom was resting, so I waited until Sophie and them got back from lunch before visiting.  I got her from Dad and Yana and visited there a few minutes before heading to Mama's.  It was close to church time so we couldn't visit for long :(.  Anyway, Soph tried on some of Heidi's new lip gloss and had to look in my camera at "how good it looked".....
 .... and no trip to Babee's is complete without riding the golf cart.......
 ..... and someone took lots of selfies....... :)
 .... and then when we got home from church last night, this put a HUGE smile on my face.....
 .... KyKy came over to bring my shirt and apparently rob my fridge.... LOL...... (He is Little Bro in my phone.... so that's why just "Little" is at the top)....
Treatment #3 Wednesday, May 7th
 Uncle Sonny, my cousin Abby, and I went with Mom to Birmingham Wednesday for another treatment.  They really seem to come very quickly.  We had to be there at 7:45 A.M. for her Cat Scan, then was supposed to meet Dr Huh at 9:50 and start Chemo at 11:15.  PRAISE THE LORD She got a good report.  The tumor had not shrunk any, but it had not grown any either.  He said it did look like maybe some other spots had shrunk some.  With it not growing that meant the chemo was indeed doing "something".  Dr. Huh was very excited with the results because to be honest he was unsure that it would work.  Mom was so very excited with the results and from Dr. Huh being so positive about it.  She even texted me the next morning and said, "I'm gonna LIVE"!! 

Our normal "eatery" when Mom feels like it and we are leaving the DR is The Cheesecake Factory, but we all wanted something different.  As we were walking out, Abby spotted one of the nurses with a Taziki's cup.  She ate at a Taziki's in Auburn and talked about how good it was.  We got directions and gave it a whirl....
 It was absolutely FABULOUS!!! Everybody's was incredibly good.  I highly recommend you trying it if you ever pass by one. 
While we were waiting for our food, we watched that little bird clean up the plate on the table beside us.

I got the Turkey Club Ciabatta....

This was a Pimento Cheese Appetizer.... it was DELISH!

This was mine
 I missed getting a picture of Mama and Abby's, but they got the same thing and it was a roll up that was very good.
Uncle Sonny's
 Kyle and the kiddos stayed at Dad and Yana's all day.  He helped Dad build a deck while the kids swam (of course Kman after pre-school & Heidi after school). 
Snap Chat he sent
This treatment has been no joke for Mom.  It has been less than friendly.  They told us Wednesday that she is on the maximum dosage.  She has had all of her "usual" symptoms, except 100X worse.  It has broken my heart in a million pieces to see her in so much pain.   Her entire body hurts, the red spots she has gotten with the last two is now on both thighs.  She said it feels like a really bad sunburn, her mouth sores were so much worse this time.  She could hardly even talk.  It hurt to talk, drink, eat, swallow.... so she got dehydrated and actually passed out last night.  Thankfully Tyler was there and caught her before she hit the ground.  It scared him pretty bad.  Aunt Becky & Abby brought her some Gatorade and it helped her tons.  Even her finger tips hurt.  They hurt to even pull the covers up.  The nausea was much worse this time.  And as you know from previous posts, the nausea medicines cause dizziness, so she couldn't watch TV or read because she couldn't focus on it. 

I told her yesterday that Chemo really is Heaven Sent and the Devil at the same time.  Like you are so thankful they have chemo, but what it does to your body to kill the cancer is pure devilish. 

Thankfully she woke up this morning feeling much much better.  It just seems that 3rd and 4th day are the worse.  Just please continue to pray for strength for her to be able to continue this journey.  The way the Chemo makes her feel makes it hard for her to want to continue at times. 

I hope all of you Mother's had a fabulous Mother's Day! 

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your sweet Mother!! Oh, I can't even imagine what she's going through. Praying for strength for her, and for all of you. Praying for HEALING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got that spot on about Chemo....takes you to the brink! but your mom is a fighter I could feel that when I talked with her...that is what it will take especially toward the end of the Chemo treatments. I drank so much orange gatorade that I still don't like it but it did the trick then. I drank day and night whether I wanted to or not. always be positive just like you have been more. God is there always!

    ReplyDelete