Monday, August 20, 2012

1st Day of 1st Grade / Menu Monday's Are Back

 Wow!  So our sweet 1st born started 1st Grade today.  She was so excited to go.  We of course had everything together yesterday :) so this morning could just be enjoyable.  She looked absolutely beautiful! 

She did ask me if I remembered last year that me and Daddy walked her in on the first day.  I told her I did, but that I could only do that with Kindergarten.  *sniffles*...... I was soooo wrong.  When we got to school and I saw all the cars and saw that I COULD indeed walk her in on the first day no matter the grade.... my heart literally sank.  I was fighting the tears and getting the "pep" talks from Kyle about how it's okay and I won't be able to walk her in when she goes to OMS or OHS haha.... so what did I do??? I emailed Heidi's teacher before we even got home.  I get to walk her in tomorrow :)!! YYAAYYY!!! 

So here are some pictures of our 1st grader :




 Her Brother and Sister were enjoying breakfast with Big Sis :)!
 Now a little teeth brushing time and putting earrings in :)







 I love this picture :)!!! 
 Her backpack was all cleaned up and ready to go :)!!
 And we made it to school.....

 We had a wonderful day, but it was strange not having Heidi with us throughout the day.  We are so used to having her around. 

We left to pick her up and no joke can you see all the cars in front of us??? And then they finally turn to go toward the school??
 Our little..... ummmmmmmm Sophie Girl....... well she convinced her Daddy and I that she had to tee tee.  She only had 1 accident all day so we let her wear her panties to get Sis.... right??? Well.... in case you have never heard me complain about Sophie in the car... she is AWFUL!! She talks NON STOP, she tells you how to drive.... like seriously (Momma stop, Momma Go..... Momma Momma Momma), she will convince you that her finger is stuck in a hole in her carseat, she'll SCREAM..... "I'M STUCK..... I'M STUCK" (I'm like.... Soph you are supposed to be stuck in the carseat LOL), she'll make up all sorts of stories just to keep talking or try to get out of the carseat. 

So today..... she came up with this idea (that worked) to get out of her seat.  When she told us she had to tee tee and she kept saying it over and over.... we panicked.  The last thing we wanted to do was take her carseat apart.... AGAIN... and wash and scrub it.  We had a pile of cars in front of us and behind us, so we couldn't just let her go on the grass.  So what do the Colquett's do??? Found the biggest cup we had in the car *L* And let her "go" in it.  But guess what??? THE STINKER DID NOT EVEN HAVE TO GO!!!!!  I thought that was pretty smart of a newly 2 year old to come up with that one. 

Anyway.... here is a picture of our excitement while in line :)
 Anddddd the school girl :
 Heidi had a great 1st day.  She made me so sad when she first got in the car though.  She was almost crying and told us she didn't want to talk about it.  She would "tell us later".  She was just overwhelmed by all of the attention.  But she finally loosened up and talked about it tonight.  Made me feel better :)!

Okay so now that I am a Stay At Home Mom, I decided I would start back doing our Menu Mondays.  I love to cook and I really want to try new things.  Kyle is just so picky that it is hard.  Anyway.... here is this weeks Menu:

Monday: Crock Pot Bar-b-que pork chops, home made mac n cheese, fried cornbread, fresh butterbeans, and home made pound cake.
Tuesday: Creamy Italain Chicken dish (in the crockpot) that my friend Ashton gave me, bacon wrapped green beans, home made biscuits, rice, & fruit salad
Wednesday: Eat at Church
Thursday: Wild Rice Casserole, Corn on the Cob, Green Beans, & fried corn bread again (Kyle loves it)
Friday: Either left overs or we'll grab something

So over the many pound cakes I have made (& destroyed), I have never  had this happen..... it completely fell to pieces :(!!! I was so sad. 

 Of course it still tasted okay. 

Here's a picture of my Grandmama's home made mac n cheese I made tonight :).... looks yummy right???
I hope everyone else had a wonderful start back to school and a Happy  Monday :)!!!  So far this new job is honestly super awesome! 

PS: We even went for a family bike ride tonight.... thanks to Babee for riding the 3rd bike LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment