Friday, May 24, 2013

Awards Day (Funny Sophie), Pool Day, Graduation Night

Yesterday was a great day :)! Much better than my bug infested one the day before.

We started the morning off by getting to see Heidi win an award for all As :)!  She was so nervous about Sophie embarrassing her during the program lol.  Sophie done pretty good.  She just blurted out one good time for KyKy to hold her.  

Got snap shots of the babies anxiously awaiting their big sis to go on stage.....


 That's her on the front row.... 2nd to the end on the right. 


 Once the program was over, we could check them out in their rooms and head home for the summer!  How exciting :)!!

Heidi absolutely adored Mrs. Taylor.  She and Mrs. Hightower for sure have spoiled our first 2 years in school.
 Heidi gave Mrs. T a pitcher, beach towel, Sudoku book, monogrammed hat, and monogrammed cup to hopefully enjoy over the summer :)!!

Then Heidi and some of her other friends gave her another gift together :)!! 
 Heidi and her sweet friend, Abi.....
 OK so Mrs. T gave Heidi and her classmates a water gun as their gift.  Sophie of course enjoyed that more than any of them.  She would not give it up!!



 She especially had no plans to give it up for pictures......

 These pictures are so priceless to me.  Yana was trying her hardest to talk Sophie into giving it to her for the picture.... no such luck.

 BAAHAAAAA Sophie was shooting me as I took the picture.....

 I seriously laughed all day thinking about those pictures.

Here is Heidi and her beautiful Babee....


 Her best friend ever......
 Heidi and her beautiful Nana.... love this picture.
 So when we checked them out, we got their report cards and other summer practicing tools.  (mostly a big packet for Heidi's speech).  Folded up in her report card was her 2nd grade supply list.  I almost fainted.  I am steadily trying to get over the fact that she just finished 1st grade bc she literally just started kindergarten & I am bombarded with a 2nd grade list already.  I was not prepared for that :/.
 I don't know if you all remember, but last year I meant to get a picture on the 1st day of Kindergarten laying down by the side walk chalk and I forgot so we did it the last day of the school year.  Well same goes for this year haha!!!  The sun was in her eyes so bad, but here's what we got....
 We then tried again last night so it wouldn't be in her eyes..... didn't work out too grand unless I can tweek it on Instagram.

Before swimming, Grandmama and I were talking about her shot not lasting as long as usual with her joint pain.  Next thing I knew, She and Sophie were bouncing on the ball haha!
 
 You cannot imagine the work out with the 3 kiddos and me.  The babies were all over me.... and Heidi too for some part.  We had to jump in (me holding K or S) together a gazillion times.  Not to mention swimming across the pool, or whatever else you can name.  I am SOOO sore today.

 This cracked me up.  Of all the places to sit, Sophie chose to sit by Brayden LOL.  It was really cute.
 Right before we left the kiddos and I thought we would be silly and take some pictures....


 Last night was graduation.  So many people we knew were graduating.  Mostly because my sweet cousin Daulton was, so it was like we watched these others grow up with him.  It was honestly the BEST graduation ceremony I have ever been to.  It was decorated so beautifully, the speeches were phenomenal, and the weather was gorgeous.  The only thing is after one of the graduates walked on stage, someone shot a HUGE firework on the vistor side of the stadium.  I mean like a big 4th of July firework.  Scared me to no end.  I thought we had already been bombed or had a terrorist attack or something.  Or perhaps the firework spread Anthrax all through the air.  Needless to say, it caught everyone off guard, & the police did go back there..... so I'm not sure what happened next.

Haley, Morgan, and Heidi.....

 And here is my little D-Dault.....

 Hank and Heidi :).....
 Mrs. Taylor's daughter also graduated..... so we had to go find Mrs. Taylor for Heidi to see one more time :).


 Notice the score board?  That was also a neat touch.  Had 2013, then the date, and the time at the bottom.

 During the ceremony, me and Abby got crazy with pictures. 
 HAHA maybe this was why I enjoyed graduation so much.... oh this and the fact that MeMe kept the babies, so I was actually able to hear and enjoy it.
I did forget to mention the other day when I was talking about Sophie and Baccalaureate, one of the students got up to sing "The Anchor Holds" and of course it was silent right.  Well I guess his robe threw Sophie off... and she loudly said, "MOMMA...... IS THAT JESUS"??? LOL!!!  That's exactly what we all did.... laughed out loud...... haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment