Monday, May 13, 2013

Beach, Spa Party, Feeding Homeless, Mothers Day

Love my little book work :)!!! She sooo did not get that from me LOL!! She was reading on the way to the beach.

Our sweet Tisdale friends were at the beach last week.  Somehow they convinced me into checking Heidi out of school Friday and ride down to where they were staying.  I am so glad we did :)!! I checked with Heidi's teacher a few days before to make sure she wouldn't miss anything.  We had a wonderful time.
 They stayed at The Splash Resort (or something like that) in PCB.  The water at the splash part was freezing.  But that didn't stop them from having a good time :).


 My little tiny's favorite spot was in the hot tub LOL. 
 HAHAHA That just reminded me.  We had been swimming in the pool and were headed to do the slides and stuff and on our way, (before we had got in the hot tub) Kman jumped in the hot tub.  I had no time to tell him it was hot.  If I could have had a picture of his face when he shot up out of that water.  It was PRICELESS!!






 We then ventured down to the beach.  Unfortunately we didn't stay there long.  The kiddos liked the pool much better.  I liked the pool, but I love the beach and the sun :)!!!





 This next picture cracks me up.  Heidi kept getting sand in her bathing suit and was trying to get it out.  We kept telling her it looked like she was peeing LOL!


 When we left the beach, we met mom at our favorite burger joint.... Ed's :)!!! It's in DeFuniak and I highly recommend it.  The  best burgers you will ever put in your mouth. 
 Saturday morning Heidi had her friend, Rylee's, Spa Party :)!! She had so much fun.  Karter stayed back in one of the rooms there playing with the other boys LOL.  Soph was all about being pampered of course.  She loves every minute of having a Big Sister.

 This is Heidi and her friend, Isabella, with their chocolate mud masks on:



 They even made these cute flip flops :)....


 After the party, the girls went to Babee's to play and Kman and I came home and started cooking.  I signed us up to go to Dothan with our Women's class to feed the homeless and I am so thankful we did.

This was the first time I used the pasta part of my huge pot I got for Christmas.  I loved it :)!!
 I'm thinking Heidi's gonna get tired pretty quick of Sophie keeping up with her and her friends :).... but I love this picture of Presley and them.
 I wasn't planning on taking pictures while we were there.  I didn't want them to think we were there for show.  Tonya, which goes to Ino and comes to the Rescue house once a month to feed them, said, "Please tell me you are going to get some pictures", so that's the only reason I did.  {Commercial break..... please don't judge my grammar LOL.  I know I don't use commas and such correctly }. 
 Hard to tell, but see Kman with his gloves on covering his face?
 Presley gave out the pigs in a blanket, Heidi did the garlic bread, and the babies did rolls.  It was such a wonderful and humbling experience.

 After a little while of handing out rolls, Sophie decided she needed to try them.  So she just sat right on down and enjoyed her SEVERAL rolls.


 She was embarrassed in this next picture.  Still cracks me up.  We were cleaning up and getting ready to leave, and Christie said, "Do you see what she's doing?".... she was in the cupcakes, licking all the icing off and putting them in the garbage.  Only Sophie!
 It also happened to be a sweet little girl, Anya's, 7th birthday :)!!!  I had gotten $10 out of our account Friday to take to the beach in case I needed it.  Well I never did use it and if y'all know me, I don't carry cash generally.  I swipe my debit card everywhere I go now.  Anyway, so I had been thinking earlier Saturday ab that $10 and when Valerie found out it was Anya's birthday, she, Heidi, and Presley headed to the store to get her some gifts.  I knew exactly why I had gotten that money out then.  Not that $10 is even a great amount of money, but $10 at the Dollar Store for a 7 year olds birthday can go along way.  I wasted no time handing Heidi the cash and informing her to spend every dime of it. 

It was over before they got back, so we asked Anya's mom if they could stay for a few more minutes.  She was so surprised when she got her gift.
 See her brother to the right?? He could not stop smiling for his baby sister.  It was so sweet. 
 This family truly blessed me.  I am beyond thankful that I signed up to do this and took the kids.  I want them to grow up and appreciate everything they have.  Not that we have riches or anything, but we have food & a roof over our head.  This family did not let the fact that they didn't have anything stop them from smiling.  What an awesome God we serve :)!!!
 When we got home, everyone crashed.  Yesterday morning was Mother's Day of course :)!!  As soon as Heidi's eyes popped open, she and Sophie (Kman didn't want to go with them) went to her room and surprised me with goodies :)!!  My mom and Heidi had this sneaky plan to hide gifts LOL.  I was at such a loss for words.  I honestly cried.  So this was a picture of me and my precious blessings after I opened them.
 I love this picture.... all of us in our pjs (and no makeup).  Such a real picture :)!!!
 We got on up and got ready for church.  We have Muffin's For Mom on  Mother's Day for moms and their preschoolers.  Heidi was too old to go, but me and the babies went.  I had to take a picture of Sophie's plate.  This is seriously all hers.  You can't tell, but the two laying down were eat on too.
 After church, we headed to moms to spend the day.  I had to get a picture of me and my sweet munchkins on Mother's Day :)!!  As you know, a picture is hard to take haha.  Or a decent picture.



 Sophie has a love thing for ketchup.  She dips everything in ketchup.  She was dipping her butterbeans in it yesterday.
 After lunch, we stayed outside the rest of the afternoon/evening.  Mom has a pond by her house and we went to feed the fish.  I had to go back to get my phone to take pictures. 

Kman was pulling bark off the tree in this one.....
 I love this picture of mom, KyKy, and the girls.  They were checking out the monstrous fish and alligator.
 Hard to tell, but see the little thing in the water?  That's the gators head.
 We loved feeding bread to the fish and watching them attack it. 
 Here is the fish.... it is HUGE!!!! And there's only 1 in the pond.  It is crazy how big it is.
 We also went on like a 2 hour golf cart ride.  It was so nice and relaxing.  Kman conked out right away. 
As usual, our weekend was jammed packed, but lots of fun.  I am so thankful for my mom, step mom, & mother in law :)!!  God truly blessed me with three wonderful women in my lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the story about the little girls birthday and the gifts that yall gave!! Pure made me cry!! Such a precious smile the family had when she was getting her gifts!!

    ReplyDelete