Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My 1st Party "Job"...

 I never really looked into doing parties as a  business, or for anyone besides my kids I should say.  So much time goes into each one.  Well when Avery's sweet Momma kept asking me, I finally gave in.  I am glad I did.  It was a great learning experience for if I did want to do something like this one day.  

There were some hiccups.... of course haha!  I thought I was going to get to decorate much sooner than I was able to, so that kind of put a damper on things because I do have children.  So just had to make some minor changes..... nothing major.  But y'all know I am a planner LOL! So when my plan gets thrown off, it takes me a minute (or 5 minutes HA) to re-group.  I decorated Friday night and was going to finish Saturday morning.  It rained all night and all day Saturday.  When I got there, the ceiling in the hall had fell through and there was a pipe leaking.  Great!!! Thankfully it was in the hall so did not destroy any of the decor I had done.  (Pics at the end).  So not only did I have to finish decorating, I also had to mop and clean up the pipe leak.


 The theme was Mickey Mouse and was his first birthday celebration :)!!  Thankfully I had just done Sophie's Minnie Party, so was able to re-use some of the things I did for her & my friend Ashton had the buckets from her Mickey party that I was able to use (the black ones you see).

 Okay... his name was neat to me.... I saw these plant things standing when I went to decorate, so I decided to hang his name on them to fill space and also just to be "different".  The only thing was the air made the boards spin.... so I ended up covering the backs with the red polka dotted paper and putting "I am 1!" on them.  Worked perfect.


Little tissue paper fun & my party BFF Modge Podge :)




All kids love a Capri Sun :)



 I liked the tissue center pieces.  They were different to me. 





Yummy candy sticks


Thanks Ash for the cute dip bowl too :)!!
 I think the party was a huge success.  They seemed to have liked it & he had a good turn out despite the rain. 

Here are pictures from the ceiling leakage.  Sorry they are dark... I couldn't find the light switch LOL!  Thankfully Avery's grandad is a cop, so they knew just who to call to notify of the pipe bust.
That ceiling tile was SO heavy from soaking in water all night.


Hard to see but water all in the floor.

Little sounds seem to irritate me for some reason.... so this pipe was constantly going... "drip drip drip drip drip drip drip".. which made it hard for me to concentrate LOL!
 And God said.... "Let there be light" :-)!!!!
 Garbage can caught the rest of the drip and I began mopping and squeezing, mopping and squeezing.
*** Anyway, lots of fun doing this party..... and much learned too :)!!! Thank you for the opportunity Jason & Anna to help make Avery's 1st birthday celebration special :)!!

1 comment:

  1. You did an AWESOME job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything was wonderful and everyone was able to enjoy the party...

    Thanks so much, Kim

    ReplyDelete