Monday, September 23, 2013

Sophie Girl, Fun at MeMe's, Rodeo Fun, Sunday Rest

So many times I feel like we are in fast motion.  That doesn't make much room for down time.  I am thankful for the busy life :)!! Don't get me wrong.  It just eventually catches up I guess.

Friday after the pep rally, Kman was extra whiny so I laid down with him for a nap.  He had just fallen to sleep and I heard Heidi screaming.  Now when Heidi cries, I know something has happened.  In this case, I had a good feeling Sophie was involved since it was just the two of them.  Sure enough.... she hit Heidi with a bungee strap thing.  It had a hook on the end, so one part of the hook hit her (like to the right and below my thumb in the picture) and the hook got her below my finger.
 They were cleaning up Heidi's room and Sophie brought me the bungee and told me she found it.  I told her thank you and to please put it in the kitchen so I could take it back outside.  Well obviously she didn't listen.  Heidi said she came to her and told her she was getting a spanking and way laid her head! Soph got in trouble of course..... and she once again defines me as the meanest mom ever!!!

Weapon
 Once everything calmed down, we went outside and let the chickens roam.  Mom came over and spent much of the afternoon with us.  The chickens love the kids playhouse.  I kept trying to get a picture of them on the window seal... didn't exactly work out.

How stinking cute?
 Hard to tell, but leaves were blowing everywhere..... I tried to get a snap shot... it was so pretty.

Heidi LOVES animals.  She is a country girl trapped in the city haha!

Little selfie I found :)
 Babee left & the kiddos and I were waiting for MeMe to come.  While we waited, they wanted to have a snack picnic.  So that's exactly what we did.  I saw a beautiful picture opportunity and took full advantage :)!!
 I had my first party "job" this weekend, so the kids stayed with MeMe that way I could decorate and prepare.  They had so much fun, but I could hardly wait to get over there to them.  I slept terrible!!! I missed them like crazy.  When you go from 3, never a dull moment kind of atmosphere, to 0 and way too quiet, it gets lonely.

As soon as the party was over Saturday, I quickly dropped all the stuff off at home and took off to MeMe's.  They were napping when I got there, but it didn't take them long to wake up.

Once they woke up, we glued eyes on a bucket she had for Halloween.  They loved doing that.

 They then helped to make miniature pizzas.....

 I really enjoy taking the kids to rodeos when they are in town.  They all love it & it brings back lots of memories for me.  My mom lived "on a farm" when I was growing up, so I was always around horses and cows.  So it kinda takes me back in time for a little bit.  Plus just the look on their faces as they watch each rider is priceless. 

 We have been to about 4 total rodeos over the past couple years, but for some reason Saturday night Sophie got upset during the calf roping.  She was screaming, "THEY ARE HURTING THE BABY COWS"..... I was slightly embarrassed, but assured her that they were A-OK.  Once she realized they got up and ran off when the rope was un-tied, she was okay with it.


 Got a couple videos I took during it... I love videoing on Instagram because you have 15 seconds to start and stop as you want, so not a lot of extra "stuff" in there.
 
Ole Buckaroo! Best bestie ever :)!!! Maybe that's why I feel so at home at rodeos too? She was Miss Rodeo Alabama!!
 We got home from the rodeo a little after 10... all the kiddos were still awake much to my surprise!  So we got showers and then rocked.  It was after 11 before everyone settled down.  Yesterday morning when I got up to get ready for church (after sleeping with Sophie 1/2 the night because she got up), I walked in my room and found Karter and Heidi all snuggled up.  Sweetest thing to me!  When I showed them the picture, they both said, "EEEEWWWWWWWWWW GROSS"! LOL!
 After church we ate lunch at moms.  We left not long after lunch.  We came home and all laid down.  I am pretty certain my iron is low.  I can usually always tell because I know that with 3 small kids, I am going to be tired.  But when I can barely go and have to make myself move and I just want to lay around, that is a sign that my iron is low.  We laid down for about 3 hours.  When we got up, I took some iron medicine and seemed to have felt better just from laying down.  I didn't nap, but just relaxing that long seemed to have really helped.

We are not ones to  miss church.  But I was doing all I could to hold my head up, so we didn't make it to church last night.  

I still had everything from the party to put up too, but after laying down I got a small burst of energy.  So got everything cleaned up.  The kiddos played so nice outside and we just hung out.  God knew my heart for sure.  I hated that we missed.  I really enjoy my new Luke class.


Anyway, this morning as I was getting ready to upload the pictures I had taken over the weekend, I noticed some precious little girl had taken MANY selfies with my phone :)!! Made me laugh!! Each picture completely expresses her personality. 


And gonna leave you with the sweetest video from Kman :)!!  There is some show on the ipad they watch constantly and they sing this song, so he was going around singing it last night.  "I like you..... I like you.... just the way you are". 

1 comment:

  1. I love your picture of the "weapon!" So funny. And where did you get your chicken coop? We have been wanting to build one since we moved to our current house, but haven't had time yet.

    ReplyDelete