Sunday, August 17, 2014

HALLELUJAH! She is CANCER FREE!

Y'all I want to shout to the world..... MY MOM IS CANCER FREE!!!  

CANCER FREE!!!!

God answered our prayers.  God answered all of your prayers.  So many of you don't even know us and were praying.  There's not enough Thank Yous in the World to thank you for praying for her.  Thank you for trusting and putting your faith in our Savior.  He chose to honor our request and heal her.  He has plans that are bigger than any of ours.  And I pray that we never EVER forget what He did Friday. 

Here is how the story goes:

We had to be here Friday morning at 8:30.  By the way I am saying "here", because I am typing this as I sit in the hospital room.  They took her back right after we arrived.  Once they had her prepped for surgery we were able to be with her until they they took her back for the surgery.  We took those moments and had many family photos.  





Our preacher's wife, Mrs. Terry, and Moms good friends Tammy & Kim also came, but they came after we took these pictures.  All of the doctors and nurses that would come in would laugh and joke about the party we were having :).  

They took her back about 11 and called us at 12 to let us know they had started.  They were still anticipating a 3-4 hour surgery.  The nurse told me she would call me back in two hours to give me a progress update.  We had all been up since 3:30 A.M. and were pretty hungry.  We went down to some of the local eateries.  I hadn't finished eating, but happened to pull my phone out of my purse at 1:16 and noticed I had a missed call and VM at 1:10 from a Birmingham number.  It was Dr. Huh.  He wanted to meet with us.  I quickly told the others that we had to go.  We rushed back up and they put us in a conference room. 

There were so many emotions going on.   The surgery was supposed to last 3-4 hours and had only lasted 1 hour 10 minutes.  Did they open her up and say there was nothing they could do?  Tyler and I could not understand what was going on.  We were so scared. 

Dr. Huh came in and told us he wanted to tell us the news himself (by the way we have it all on video *big smile*).  When they opened her up there was no sign of a tumor or cancer.  GLORY TO GOD!!!!  We had all seen the radiology scan Wednesday.  We saw what was on it and how concerned Dr. Huh was.  WE KNEW THIS WAS A GOD THING.  No other explanation.  When they opened her they removed a mass that was left over remnants from her uterus and part of her cervix that were left from her initial surgery in Andalusia. 

Folks none of this was an accident.  Dr. Huh's expertise is Ovarian Cancer and better yet, Moms rare kind.  He knew what had been there.  He knew the severity of her case.  He told us Wednesday that he scheduled that CT Scan after her 3rd treatment because he just knew he would have to tell us that there was nothing he could do for her and the chemotherapy would not help.  He said that he doesn't schedule a scan like that normally.  AND then Wednesday he told us he did not expect her to be sitting there 6 months from her first treatment.  Look, if you don't believe in God and miracles, Janet Anderson, is a full MIRACLE.  On the video we have when Mrs. Terry asked Dr. Huh some questions about what happened, his reply was, "Well.... ummmm.... that is a really good question".  In other words there really isn't a medical explanation.   His exact words were, "She is cancer free.  No more chemo."

I have read about miracles in the Bible and always believed what I read, but until I actually witnessed a miracle first hand and KNOW what I saw on the screen and then what the Drs saw when they opened my mother, it really opened my eyes.   There are miracles all throughout the Bible.  I spent a lot of time yesterday reading my Bible, writing things down, studying. 

I knew God could save her.  I knew only He could.  But did I really put all my faith in Him like I should have?  I may be 29 years old, but I felt like a 6 year old watching my mom battle cancer since February 4th and go through two surgeries. 

Mom and I were talking and as thankful as we are, it is almost a guilty feeling.  Like why God chooses to heal some and not others.  It is not our place to question God and His healing power.  I am just forever grateful and I pray that none of us EVER forget the miracle that took place. 

Thursday night I had a parent meeting at school with Heidi's teacher.  As I was going through her papers, I happened to notice there was something on the back of one of them.... and then of course tears flooded my eyes.
 Child like faith.  That is what we all need. 
 It amazed me that even at 8, Babee's cancer consumed Heidi's thoughts.  She doodled that paper at school when there were a gazillion other things going on around her.

That night she hung this sign up on my door......

I love and miss my kiddos so badly.  I am very thankful that MeMe was able to take care of them for me.
 UAB has been a second home for us over the past 6 months.  I joked with them the other day and told them my car could drive itself.  We will still have to come every 3 months for a scan.  But hey, that is A-Okay!

Thought I would show you some more picture from our time here.....

This was all of us as we waited to go in to her room to tell her the wonderful news....

.... our little tags we have to wear each day......
 .... Although this has been an exhausting journey, it has been life changing to say the least.  In the book I am reading, Raw Faith, I came across this page and this one sentence says it all.....
"I do not desire to walk this cancer road again... but I would never take it back."
We all have grown closer and learned so much since the first of this year.  Moms cancer has taught us valuable lessons about life and never to take any day for granted.  



They removed her epidural this morning, so she is in a good bit of pain. 

But we are praising God from whom all mercies flow. 

The miracle that happened is real. 

2 comments:

  1. I AM SPEECHLESS!!! I have goosebumps and feel like crying I'm so happy for you all!!!!
    Thank you LORD!!! Thank you Lord.

    Will continue prayers, I'm just so thankful and happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete