Wednesday, August 27, 2014

School Time with The Colquett's

 School mornings have been challenging with Kman.  He has fun once he gets there, but it is the getting there that is the problem.  I have to say that this morning he did minimal complaining.  It took 13 school days, but maybe he is getting the hang of things. 

Most mornings consist of these questions from him:
(1) I have to go AGAIN?
(2) Did you get me a soft shirt? (tshirt)
(3) Why you always want me to look handsome? Every day is not handsome day! (meaning why do I sometimes make him wear shirts with a collar)
(4) You got me tennis shoes to wear? (I'm really not sure why I bought any other shoes but tennis shoes)
(5) NOT THAT LUNCHBOX (He has 3 and I usually pick the wrong one for the day)

I am so thankful that Mrs. Ellison sends me occasional snaps of him having fun.  It sure helps my feelings.  She knows our morning struggles are real.  

One day last week he and I were riding the golf cart, just us, and I asked him if he really did like school.  He smiled and nodded his head.  I think it was just the change in routine and getting used to getting up and going in the mornings.  

Here are some pictures of him having a good time :).....



He was so excited about this shapes hat.  He even wore it home that afternoon.

 Seeing the snack time snap reminds me.....  he is so different than Heidi as far as remembering things.  He had been begging to take a big thermos with drink in it for lunch and snack instead of capri suns.  I finally did it and put it in the side of his back pack.  Well, he told Mrs. Ellison that he didn't have anything to drink for lunch so she told him to go get some milk and charge it to his account.  So he did.  That afternoon for snack time, he suddenly remembered the big thermos full of sweet tea :) and said, "Oh yea! Here is my lunch drink".  She just laughed.  He completely forgot that it was in there.

One day when I was in Birmingham with Mom, Kyle put his lunch box in his backpack.  Well, Karter forgot it was in there and ate in the lunchroom that day.  Which was fine because it ended up being hot pocket day and he actually liked them.  If I don't put his lunch box in his hand, he forgets it is in his backpack.  Boys will be boys :)!  They are one track minded.  Or mine are anyway (like father like son *haha*).

Kyle sent me this when I was in Birmingham of them before he got them up for school.
 When Heidi found out that I would be in Birmingham and Kyle would have to do the school thing by himself, she asked, "Will Daddy be able to do it"?  I laughed and knew he could, but it bothered him that everyone was asking if he could.  So he sent these pictures to prove that he did it.....

This was on Friday after Moms surgery :)

 I know this post was mostly about Karter.  Mostly because there is not a struggle with Heidi.  She gets up, willingly to get dressed in whatever I have picked out (& usually always loves it), eats her breakfast, and there aren't any complaints. 

I will say we have to study a lot more in 3rd grade.  I had heard how much harder it was, and it is.  BUT that is okay.  It is going to teach us both how to have more patience and how to be more studious. 

I thought this was neat......
I actually did that very thing (with a different saying, but had finger nail polish and used the word "polished" in the tag on it) for Heidi's teacher the first week of school.  I had not seen it on pinterest, I just saw the polish and immediately thought of Mrs. Rogers and then spent time trying to think of a good saying to go with it.  Several days later I came across this on Pinterest. 

This is Heidi......

 

AND

This is Kman in the mornings......






No comments:

Post a Comment