Thursday, August 21, 2014

Things I Miss About Summer....

There are a lot of people that actually look forward to school starting.  Especially working folks.  When you work, it's a lot easier to have a routine and take your kids to school rather than daycare or here or there for someone to keep them.  Me on the other hand, as much as I like having a plan, I do not like the routine of school.  I miss my kids.  Simply put.

(1) I miss the free-ness of summer.  
No schedules, no waking up early, no bed times.  Just being free to do whatever we please every day.  

(2) I miss late night bike rides.  
Sitting outside watching the kids play and ride bikes late at night is one of my favorite things to do during the summer.  

(3) Playing until after dark. 
We love to play soccer, freeze tag, hiding go seek, and baseball when it is just starting to get dark.  When school starts back that means the time will change soon and it will get dark sooner than later.  I don't like it being pitch black outside at 6:00 in the evening.  

(4) Swimming.
The kids love to swim.  When summer first started we were by somebody's pool almost everyday.  

(5) The Beach.
Where we live it is so easy to just pick up and head to the beach for the day.  It still is something you can do in the fall and winter, but we just love the sand and water.

I mostly miss just being with my kids all day everyday.  Yes, I would be lying if I said they didn't drive me crazy some days.  BUT that is time that I get them all to myself.  And then when Kyle is home we all get to be together all day every day.  They laugh, they cry, they fuss, they fight, but most of all we made memories each and every day.   Plus, I also know how fast the school years seem to go by (summers too, but the school year passing means they are getting older). 

Summer is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment