Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Our 1st Set of Stitches....

 Okay.... this is your warning, if blood bothers you, then I suggest you skipping this post.

Saturday afternoon I was outside with Karter and Sophie.  I was feeding the dogs and messing with the chickens and Karter and Soph were hitting a golf ball with a couple of clubs. 

I had just put the dog food in the bin when Karter started screaming bloody murder and came running to me.  There was blood dripping all down his head and all over his chest.  I scooped him up and ran inside.  

I got the blood under control and calmed him down the best I could before trying to understand what happened.  I will admit that I honestly believed Sophie did it on purpose.  She was crying and screaming, "I'M SORRY I'M SORRY" and then ran to her room.  She really felt bad about it. They both stuck to the story that he bent down to get the ball and she didn't see him.  She swung to hit the ball and hit his head instead :(.  It hurts me to think about it.

It is amazing actually, but none of our kids have ever had to have stitches.  I expected it to happen before now. 

Hard to see through his hair, but this was once I got the blood to stop pouring out.
 Kyle's mom & my mom thought he at least needed steri-strips.  I had no idea since we had never dealt with this before.  Usually when one of them gets a bad "boo boo", Kyle is here with me and when I mention stitches he tells me they don't need them.  BUT, this was a pretty big gap. 

So I scooped them all up really fast and headed to the Dr.  I picked up Kyle's mom and left the girls at her house with Cindy's friend, Suzanne. 
This was what it looked like just on the ride to Andalusia.
 He was a TROOPER the whole time.  He never even whimpered while getting the stitches.  Dr. Boyington and his nurse were absolutely wonderful. 
 Turns out he needed 2 stitches.  I was really glad I took him.

This was after they stitched him and had it all cleaned up.

Poor baby boy :(

MeMe was so nervous (she doesn't do blood hehe), so she told Kman she would take him to Walmart for new legos since he was so brave. 
He has done so well with them and really hasn't complained much.  They are still sticking with their same story when they talk to me about it.  Karter started to tell my Dad a slightly different story last night, but when I ask about it he still tells me the same thing.  When someone else asks Soph about it, she usually says, "I don't wanna talk about it".  I was so afraid that she had gotten mad at him and then lashed out.  Hopefully it was a true accident :).  The first of many I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment