Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Karter's Kindergarten Orientation

 It is very hard for me to comprehend that my Karter Man, my only baby boy, is starting Kindergarten.  How is this even possible?  How did these 5 years go by so fast?  

I know Monday will be hard emotionally, but Tuesday will be even harder.  When we have to just "drop them off" and watch Heidi & Karter walk in together.  He will all of a sudden seem so big.  I think the thing that makes me have such a hard time with him starting school is that I know it seems like Heidi just started and she is now in the 3rd grade.  

Anyway, on with the show.  I'll get off my emotional soap box.

As we were walking in, Karter said, "My tummy hurts.... I'm nervous".  He has not been very excited about starting until recently.

He was taking in everything Mr. Kinsaul was saying..........
 I never thought I wanted any of our kids to have Amanda as a teacher.  Not because I think she is a bad teacher, I think she is an AMAZING teacher, BUT I didn't want them to see her differently.  They have known her their whole life as Mommy's best friend. 

With Karter not wanting to start school (& even crying many nights over the thought of it), I was honestly SO relieved that he had Amanda.  That is truly a God thing.  God placed Karter in a class that he would be comfortable in.  I could not have been more thankful.


 You could tell he was nervous when she was going over everything. 

He was SUPER excited that his friend, Kade, is also in his class.
 I was glad I caught Kayla as they were walking out to leave so that I could get pictures of the boys starting school.  These boys go way back to when Brayden was born and I was in the hospital with Karter.  Wouldn't have been the same without pictures of them starting Kindergarten.


 We LOVE our principal, Mr. Kinsaul!

Kman and his friend, Luke.


 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really am liking my timehop app.  I love looking back at old pictures.  These came up this week and brought back so many memories (& the same emotions) of when Heidi was starting.
 Heidi's orientation.......




 ...... and then the day came quickly for her to start.......

I am just trying to cherish each moment and not think too much about them all 3 being in school next year.  
Praying for a great school year for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment