Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Little Bit of This ~N~ A Little Bit of That

Our dance carpool started yesterday. Jennifer said she wishes she had a camera in the car just to show the rest of us how funny these 4 were. I called Jennifer to see if Heidi went in dance or not and she had me laughing SOOOO hard!!! She said they have been singing and talking… I said… Heidi did it too?? She said girl… it was really quiet in the car and then Heidi yelled “GIVE ME A B” and she said the other girls looked at her and said “B”… and then she did the O… then Abby Grace said “C” And Heidi said…. NOOOOO B comes next *L*!!

Heidi didn't cry yesterday.... she seemed to have really enjoyed it. I am so thankful for that!


The girls from L-R: Sara Catherine, Heidi, Abby Grace, and Katie


Shelly Kate and Heidi get to be in the same dance class!!



Last night after dance was tee ball practice. It's at 6:30... and usually lasts about an hour... so I thought it would be nice for the whole family to go. BAD IDEA! The two babies did wonderful.... but Heidi cried and cried. She wanted me out on the field instead of her daddy. SO I went out there and she still wouldn't do anything. She wanted me to pretty much be touching her. I told her that she needed to play and participate. She wanted to do this... so I paid for her to do this... and she doesn't have to do it again if she doesn't want to. It was rather embarrassing! BUT I knew it was "ME"... the reason she was acting like that. She was "shy" last week at practice according to Kyle, but she didn't act like she did last night. SO I got Sophie and we left so that Heidi would do better. We stopped by Kyle's Grandaddy's because his mom and aunts car were there.... I thought they might be there for a little while... long enough to let me stay to then go back and get Kyle. It ended up working out okay. They were both ready to leave, so I had to once again "load" Sophie up and she did NOT want to get in the carseat AGAIN. I went to the ballfield and Cindy was going to follow me and leave Kyle her car.... but after we got there they ended up riding with her.... so Soph and I came on home and I started getting her ready for bed.
Her first game is tonight and I am very anxious to see how that goes with "an audience". She is so unbelievably shy and I don't know why. Cheerleaders can't be shy :) ! She says she is going to do it tonight... so we'll see.

OK.... *phew* It's already been a start to the week. I'm going to recap from last week though... since our internet was down for whatever reason since last Friday. Kyle was finally able to get it straightened out last night.... I think something came unplugged or something?

Last Thursday night we had a ROUGH night!! Finally about 4 AM I got on the couch to sleep and Kyle brought Heidi in there with me about 5 when he got up... and this is how she was when I went to wake her up!!
Friday was of course Bobcat Day at Kids World. My mom made the kids shirts and Sophie's outfit. I LOVED Karter's saying "Colquett" on the back :)


Sophie's was adorable... and there are yellow ruffles on the back, but of course by the time the day was over she had messed up this outfit and was changed... so I didn't get a picture of that.

She was super cute though and had a yellow bow in her hair with a football on it :)

My little Opp Bobcat!

Heidi wanted a group picture.... but Karter didn't!!

He had been up for A WHILE and was already sleepy by the time we were ready to go.

Saturday morning Heidi and I got up and went to Andalusia to get her ballet shoes... then when we got home Kyle left for a dove shoot. He didn't get in until after 9 Saturday night. We enjoyed the day though. Some of our church friends from Venezuela were down and I got to meet Ami... she's one of Tyler's friends that he met there. She is SO sweet and speaks and understands English VERY well. She is actually moving to Canada in January to study Latin and French... so she'll have English, Spanish, Latin, and French... how about that? She is studying journalism... so she said knowing all those languages would be very beneficial for her career. She loves America! She said it is so different here than it is there... and there are lots of blond hair blue eyed people!!! She thought Tyler was the only one *haha*!

Saturday afternoon Cindy and I took the kiddos for a stroll. There was a bird down the street she had been wanting to see... so we walked down there and then walked to Amanda & Jonathan's. You talking about a workout..... that double stroller is hard to maneuver.... GREAT workout!


This was Karter Sunday.... he was "driving" while KyKy was buckling Sissy in!

He is JUST LIKE his Daddy and has to push every button!! And his tongue is out.... so serious concentration.

Beautiful Heidi

Sophie was hanging out with her Daddy while I did some quick laundry.... he was wrapping a dove to "train" Josh (lab).


Karter really didn't care too much about the Dove.... he will one day I am sure.

Jon Wesley and the girls came over... and they really had a good time...

Karter of course was content as could be....

He actually had a good "eating" weekend.... there's no telling how much chicken he ate all weekend. Sunday afternoon he enjoyed peanuts.... AND tried Watermelon... but that was funner to play in.


*** I can't get it to cooperate... so the watermelon picture is off key a little and below these Sophie pictures!







She was so relaxed that she just fell asleep laying on my leg.







Here's my sweet Soph Sunday night.... she was soooo sleepy and ready for HER bed! This is the first time in a while that she hasn't slept all night. She had a bottle and then spit up majority of it at the ballfield and didn't want another one until 2am. But she drank it and conked back out.


Tonight after we got home Karter and Heidi played and played.


This morning Karter was laying all over Heidi… just hugging her…. Really enjoying his Sissy time… it really made my heart melt. Things seem to be getting easier and easier with him being 17 months old now. He understands so much and I can really tell how much he has matured over the past 3 months. Words can’t begin to describe how much I love him. He just all of a sudden started saying stuff, understanding stuff, doing stuff….. he almost lost that “baby feel” over night. When he was 14 months old and even 15 months… it was tough… real tough… but now it’s still a lot of work… just easier. Would I do it over again??? HMMMMM haha it’s still too early to tell that…. if I could have my SAME Sophie…. I would probably have wanted her years later… just to enjoy my Heidi and Karter time. But with him older I’m starting to be able to enjoy them both.







This week had a tough start.... My whole Monday just seemed to have been off. Hopefully that's not to say what's to come.

I'll end with this... Heidi and I always read together at night and then we say our prayers. Well the other night we were praying and I prayed for Karter to get better... it was right after mom took him to the DR... and Heidi said "Me already did that".... and I said Really??? And she said "Me already prayed for Karter to get better.... there was a shooting start tonight and me wished for Karter to get better"... I thought that was the sweetest thing I had ever heard. I really don't remember ever talking to her about shooting starts... and "wishing" upon them. But for her to "use her wish" on her brother meant a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment